BDR's philosophy for the day!

Discussion in 'Fitness & Nutrition' started by bigdamray, Dec 12, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bigdamray

bigdamray New Member

What do I want? I want to be free. You may say, "But Ray, you live in America, you are free." Yes, that is true. I am free in the sense that I live in a democratic and capatilistic society where one is free to be an euntrapanuer and move up the social hierarchy at will. I do have freedom of speech and all of the other freedoms that are listed in our constitution. However, this is not the kind of freedom that I am speaking of. I am talking about freedom from the prison that entraps every single human on the face of this earth to some degree. I want freedom from the shackles of the mind. I want to be free from all of the endless mind chatter. I want to be free from my senses having control over me. I want to be free from my emotions determining how I feel and react. I want to be free from automatic reactions to given situations. I want to be free from pre-existing thoughts and belief systems. I want to choose new beliefs. I want complete control over my senses, thoughts, feelings, emotions, actions and reactions. I want to use my mind for what it was intended for: a tool.

2. evolude

evolude OT Supporter

I justed wanted to be first.

3. evolude

evolude OT Supporter

It's a great thought Ray!

4. Buzz Killington

Buzz Killington nunc fortunatus sum

I want to be free of spell-check!

5. Buzz Killington

Buzz Killington nunc fortunatus sum

6. ralyks

ralyks New Member

Stop watching TV and reading newspapers/magazines!

There are also a lot of books on learning to recognize when you're reacting subconsciously/emotionally to something. It's something you really really need to practice doing, and the more time you spend doing it the better you get.

I'm by no means recommending this, but there are "substances" out there that put you in a state of total amplification of your senses, you begin to realize just how much they control you. Bateman and wolfhunter can probably attest to this.

7. Mr. Pelham

Mr. Pelham Guest

One could claim irony in your entire post :eek3:

8. bigdamray

bigdamray New Member

I don't watch tv, read newspapers or magazine. Very true. I am well on the way. I even find humor in some of the thoughts that pop into my head. I say "Silly mind" and then laugh about it. I can shut off the chatter for periods of time like while in meditation but the chatter seems to always sneak back in throughout the day. I'm able to stay non-reactive in most situations and let my feelings be and then let go of them or analyze why I felt that way. What I want is an obedient, trained mind that does what I want when I want. I'm making progress but I am always looking for more knowledge. If I could, I would read 20 hours a day. I just can't get enough. If anyone thinks that they are in control of their emotions and thoughts, I'll ask of you just one thing. Get some kids!! LOL!! It's easy to be enlightened in a room by yourself. To stay present with children is a whole new ballgame!!

9. evolude

evolude OT Supporter

Ever try neurofeedback therapy Ray?

10. bigdamray

bigdamray New Member

I've never heard of that. I do have this.. www.avstim.com

11. timberwolf

timberwolf New Member

:bowdown:
    I knew there was a reason I want to bear ray's children.:o
    no homo.

[y]UNHTO_v6ccU[/y]

12. evolude

evolude OT Supporter

Here's one site on it.

http://www.neurofeedbacktherapy.net/

It's supposed to help with reactive emotions as well.

The doctor I went to was based in NYC and she had given sessions to Tibetan monks, celebs, and pro athletes. She gave me a comp 45 minute session but I really didn't need it.

13. RICK RO$$

RICK RO$$ Active Member

sounds like you need to smoke a fat blunt

14. gsxtasyd

gsxtasyd Lift Big........Eat Big........Sleep Big........GE

i gotta a garcia vega chillin in the ride, lets split the guts on that bitch, roll it up and puff that shit.

15. DTR rex

DTR rex New Member

Ever do any reading or practicing of Tai Chi?

I did this regularly (practiced the breathing patterns, meditation, and read avidly about it) and it really helped clear my mind and free me from many of daily obstructions.

Life got the best of me though, and between girlfriends, college, working, lifting, etc... I just never had enough time anymore. It's something I have been meaning to get back into for a long time now. I still have just over 3 weeks of Christmas break left though so maybe now is as good a time than any.
    Getting away from my martial arts probably had something to do with losing this as well.

As homo as this may sound to some of you, when I was doing this regularly, working on my breathing patterns, meditating, taking time for myself, etc... I had a peace within myself that I have since lost for the most part that I have been wanting to get back. When I was more in-tune with myself and my mind everything seemed easier and life just had more of a constant flow rather than my current state of feeling like a person running through a bomb field just trying to not get hit by the next huge problem.

16. bigdamray

bigdamray New Member

I do bikram yoga and Reiki.

17. BlackIce72

BlackIce72 New Member

that's not how the subconscious works

18. bigdamray

bigdamray New Member

You're right!! I use Psyche-K, you can muscle test your subconscious beliefs and then rewrite them if you so desire.

19. bigdamray

bigdamray New Member

It's an excellent way to clear your conscious mind and to intergrate right and left brain communication. There are many benefits, just not subconsciously.

20. bigdamray

bigdamray New Member

Hmmm, it seems that this is for people who have an illness or a problem. Not for the person that wants to evolve past the normal human conscious.

21. BlackIce72

BlackIce72 New Member

It's therapeutic. The non-judgmental, silent, memory-void 3rd party. Repressed thoughts can come up. Then again sometimes it's the 'creative' mind tricking you.

Either way it's good.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.