BC released in just over 1 week! WOOT!

Discussion in 'Online Adventures' started by Coottie, Jan 7, 2007.

1. Coottie

Coottie BOOMER......SOONER OT Supporter

Man I can't wait....I'm sooo looking forward to The Burning Crusade that I can't stand it!! Been gearing up and looking forward to leveling my toons again. First one to 70 WINS! lol

2. Trina

Trina New Member

I've got 4 60's to get to level 70, plus 4 other characters in various stages of leveling, not counting the Draenei I'm going to be making as well.

It's not going to be a fast trip for me. I'm going to just enjoy the atmosphere and soak up the new zones and have fun.

Remember, once you reach 70, all you'll have left is raiding a few new dungeons, so enjoy your leveling, savor it, because it only lasts so long and soon enough you'll be saying....damn, now what the hell do I do?

3. Coottie

Well I have 3 60s and about 47 other toons ranging all different levels. I took it slow and "enjoyed the view" long enough. Meanwhile, while I was lvling my first toon to 60 and others also, I saw my friends hit 60 with 1 toon and immediatly start raiding and getting awesome gear. Then I watched them lvl a second toon to 60 and repeat.....meanwhile I'm still a "casual" and still not raiding and have no purples.

THen I woke up and started focusing. Got my first 60 and started raiding and getting the loot. I noticed a HUGE improvement to my toon and really enjoyed the changes.

So I've done both and I'm convinced that for me....focused effort is much more rewarding and fun. So, I'm pushing to 70 as fast and hard as I can...it's gonna be a wild ride and I can't wait!!

4. bowrofl

bowrofl New Member

do you think im going to have a hard time finding a copy come next tuesday? i didnt pre order

5. Coottie

6. Two toys

Two toys New Member

i just spent the 50 bucks i had in gift certificates on other things for the specific reason not to purchase BC. im over it, im over the game I think im giving my account away. i quit playing about 2 months ago and i really am not missing it. i enjoy having the 6+ hours a day to do other things with.

7. kiLLj0y

kiLLj0y New Member

Give me your account. :eek3:

8. brettD

brettD New Member

60-70 in 10 days

9. Coottie

June of '06 I was where you are. I was burned out and pissed off and I just walked away from the game. I didn't give my stuff away or delete my characters....that's a rediculous idea IMO because I've seen too many people come back to the game after a break. Sux to start all over cuz you're pissed now......in fact, if I had to start all over, I'd stay away.

However, about 2 months ago I reactivated and I'm having more fun then ever! Been raiding a lot and PVPing and I've got some sweet gear to show for it. There's nothing like a long break from a game to make it new and exciting again...I mean it really does wonders!

Just enjoy the break, keep your stuff and when you're bored try out the expansion.....before you know it you'll be hook again. HOwever, if you are on Skywall and determined to give your stuff away....hollah! :)

10. Coottie

10 days played?? Perhaps...afterall I went 0-60 in about 14 days played. But the XP per lvl looks crazy. Something like 450,000 for 61! lol....let the grindfest begin!!

Damn...I can't wait!

11. Mace Windu

Mace Windu OT's Resident Pile of Awesome

I can't wait. Right now I'm just working on getting the money for my level 60 mount. Then I have to get money for my 2 flying mounts. ack!

12. Two toys

Two toys New Member

oh I'm not upset at all, I was in the best guild on the server, had/have some of the best gear right now, own everyone in BG's. i was having a great time, but i realised i was neglecting real life things to play WoW. I stepped away from something i loved to better myself. I'm not coming back. i sign on to own people in pvp once a week, other than that i'm done.

13. Coottie

Yeah but in a month or so, you won't be able to do this anymore. Your gear will begin to be replaced with T3, 4 and 5 gear.

14. Scud

Scud I'm an aquired taste.

I'm not looking forward to the first couple weeks. I'm on a PvP server and after being in beta, that zone as you go in is going to be a graveyard with all the shared quests there.

15. Two toys

Two toys New Member

i have Tier 3 gear.

and I realise that i wont be able to do what i enjoy doing anymore with the raise of the level cap. I dont want to put in the time to get to 70 so I'm not going to, i'm going to quit playing. pretty simple.

:EDIT: i'm a pretty good looking guy and pretty talented, i'm not your average nerd that has nothing besides video games. so for me this is a better choice in my life, i've gotten a lot more ass since i quit playing and my career is taking off. seriously no regrets no cares about wow at all. i had fun and loved it when i played but if I had the choice I would take those 2 years of my life back, about 125 days total played on my account. 125 fucking days i could have been doing something besides sitting on my ass in cyber land.

16. bowrofl

bowrofl New Member

bolded parts contradict eachother :mamoru:

17. Two toys

Two toys New Member

i seriously tried to find the humor in that, but i really couldnt since it was really a poor attempt. keep trying???

I really dont see how that is a contradiction please please please enlighten me.

18. Coottie

:rofl:

:werd:

19. Coottie

Playing WOW is an activity like anything else in life....only your value judgements make it different....however, it is inherently no "better" or "worse" than any other activity. I know people that look down on my video game playing as if I'm somehow weird...or strange. However these same people will burn an entire weekend on the golf course...but somehow that's ok.

Many people need to feel superior to others....it's too bad they are so insecure that in order to feel better about themselves, they have to put others down in the process.

20. Two toys

Two toys New Member

i hope you arent taking any offense to what I'm saying, none of it is an attack on you.

but since you guys think it is funny to attack me, I'm not really going to care anymore. Golf is ultimately superior to video games, if nothing more than for the physical activity invloved, IF AND ONLY IF THAT IS ALL YOU DO. with both if you lead a healthy lifestyle around video game playing or golf you will be good. This is the main reason I realised it wasn't good for me. All my spare time away from school and work was spent playing. I was neglecting eating and family and friends and excercise. Golf is a social activity, you build relationships and if you play at a country club these relationships are VERY VERY beneficial. Most people are wealthy people who can provide job opportunities etc. While you can build relationships in WoW (i have atleast 2 good friends from playing online games these relationships arent nearly as beneficial)

I really dont care what you do, I had plenty of fun playing WoW. I am a gaming nerd, been that way since jr. high, i've caught a lot of shit for it too growing up. But hell for being someone who doesn't like being put down you are quick to turn on one of your own.

i dont even care enough to finish i have other things to do. I'll see what you come up with in response to what I wrote so far and then respond to that.

21. Coottie

You should really get drunk more...you're a bit tooo serious....chill dude. Noone was attacking you.

First of all, if your physical exercise comes from golf, you aren't in much better shape than most people....especially if you ride in a cart like 99% of golfers. It's damned near as sedintary as video games.

Video games can be just as beneficial, if not more so, than golf. Yes, you may not believe it but many people, even executives, like to play and discuss video games. I was an officer in a corporation that sold for $250 mil back in '03 and I would regularly talk games with other gamers....some of whom were executies like myself. This trend will only continue as more gamers grow up and enter the work force. Video games will be to the next generation what golf was to the previous generation. WOW has proved that the market for video games is bigger than anyone ever dared dream possible.

I'm not sure why you're so defensive in this thread tho. In wowspeak lrn2lightenupdood

22. Two toys

Two toys New Member

i stopped reading at "you should get drunk more"

kthxbye. IL+1

23. Coottie

:rofl:

You just proved my point. Oh man...you srsly need to lightn up a lil.

24. Jonzun

Jonzun New Member

i'll be waiting at my local ebgames at midnight waiting in line..can't wait :wiggle:

25. bowrofl

bowrofl New Member

lol at this thread