BC Patch

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by radfad88, Mar 10, 2008.

1. radfad88

radfad88 The Batman-O-Lantern

I just started this last week, about to change it tomorrow...

anyone here have any experience with this form of BC?

so far the only thing I've noticed is that my stomach was really upset for the first ~3 days or so. That could have been because of the patch or something else.

as far as effectiveness, i think it's supposed to be somewhere up there with the pill, but that's if it doesn't "peel/fall off" etc. Mine has began to peel a little around all the corners/edges... but it's sort of like a bandaid so I'm assuming it's going to do this to some extent, any thoughts here?

i'm nervous and have still made my SO use a condom every time to be sure, but we're both getting tired of that. Anyone have any positive or negative stories involving the patch?

2. iwishyouwerebeer

iwishyouwerebeer you shut your cunt Moderator

Good. Stick it out because I think they say it takes at least a month for the BC to work effectively.

3. Jay487

Jay487 What's Life If You Ain't Enjoyin' It?

I know of a few people that use the patch with success - the only thing I've heard negative responses about is the shot (I cant recall the name right now)

as with anything you just need to use it correctly

4. radfad88

haha, literally the directions are pretty much "stick on your body, change once/week, take it off for 4th week period, repeat." which is why i switched. remembering the pill everyday was really hard and i'd always be really stressed that i was going to get preggers.

5. Jay487

Jay487 What's Life If You Ain't Enjoyin' It?

at least youre doing something about it, the last girl I was sleeping with would "forget" to take it and decide to tell me after we had sex. And she didnt seem to get stressed what so ever. Call me an idiot for not using a condom but her non-shalant attitude pissed me off/confused me so much I made a huge thread about it

6. Amanda Ann

Amanda Ann New Member

Depo Provera. Yeah, there's many complaints out there about it. But, like any BC, different people have different tolerances and preferences. The shot was really good for never having to remember to take a pill, never have to worry about it peeling off, falling out, etc. The biggest responsibility was dragging your butt to the OBGYN every 3 months.

3 months ago I went off of it and onto Seasonique, which I'm still iffy about - probably just because I had THE worst cramps 2 weeks ago when I got my first "period" (which was, like, next to nothing). It was probably a kick in the stomach for me because it was the first period I've had in over 4 years.

Honestly, the whole bone density issues worried me, and I noticed that since starting the shot, I didn't necessarily GAIN weight because of it (my college eating and BOOZE habits were responsible for that..) but the shot was making it hard for me to lose weight.

7. Yuppy

Yuppy Have a seat right there....

yea so you quitting smoking??? Nah, Im quitting using my pussy as a clown car...

8. radfad88

:rofl:

9. littleweber4

littleweber4 New Member

o hear they dont work as well as the pill, i feel more comfotable with my woman on the pill

10. radfad88

link to these stats?

everything I've read says just as effective, if not more (because women don't fuck up with taking it properly like the pill, forgetting pills, etc.)