BB Curve Vs Iphone again...

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by xuntilthexendx, Sep 13, 2008.

1. xuntilthexendx

xuntilthexendx New Member

I'm stuck. I really like both the Iphone and the Curve. I have an opportunity to get a used curve from my roommate for 100$ (less than 6 mos old) On one hand I have had the pearl and I was absolutely in love with it..now I have the option to upgrade..better screen, wifi ect. One the other hand I live in somewhat of a rural area and the AT&T service is still probably not where it should be. I heard rumors that a 3g tower was going up in November so..I dunno I just love the stabillity of the BB. I have had mixed feelings about the iphone. I'm just a little afarid to take the chance I guess..

Any thoughts?

2. P07r0457

P07r0457 New Member

Sprint is doing $99 for a brand-new 8330 Curve. Do that.

3. deusexaethera

deusexaethera OT Supporter

How's third-party software support on the Curve? It's pretty hard to argue that either the Curve or the iPhone are really just phones, so the quality of the software matters a lot.

4. Hua

Hua AZN photographer crew

Um, there are so many programs out for the Curve. I really don't know what apps you need, but everyone is developing for it. Maybe not an iTunes apps store, but there is virtually everything you'd need.

If you are a stock trader, the E*Trade Mobile Pro is developed specifically, and exclusively for Blackberry. I also really like the Yahoo Go!/Yahoo Onesearch applications.

edit:
    I have my 8330 with Sprint on their $99 Simply Everything Plan, and I abuse the hell out of it. The Sprint Navigation is really good, compared to my Magellan Maestro 4250. I don't even use my Magellan anymore. The Sprint TV and Sprint Radio are also nice features. There is no plan AT&T can offer that will match what the $99 SEP can do, especially for the price. And it's only $99 for the Curve from any of the major providers right now anyways, so I wouldn't buy one used for $100.

5. ///M

///M New Member

Wirelessly posted via wap.offtopic.com (htc touch : Opera/9.50 (J2ME/MIDP; Opera Mini/4.1.11355/546; U; en))

I would buy it since its no strings attached, then flip it on ebay

To answer your question, the curve (I'm using one now) is more of a messaging/productivity phone than the iphone, and the iphone is more of a media/internet phone

I've had both, and if the iphone were cdma I'd probably have one again because I listen to a lot of music and use the browser more than any other thing on any of my phones. Instead I use the curve because bb os is stable and windows mobile pisses me off to no end

6. trouphaz

trouphaz New Member

2 comments:
    - i put Opera on my Blackberry 8703e and that's a serious contender for Safari on the iPhone. i hate the shitty scroll wheel navigation, but the ball on the Curve would probably make it awesome.
    - Opera 4 doesn't seem to have copy/paste either. :)

7. xuntilthexendx

xuntilthexendx New Member

Unfortunately up in good ol' Maine we don't have Sprint..But thanks for the info haha.

My roommate and I tried to get T-mobile to match the deal that best buy has right now brand new curve for 50$. He was on the phone for over 2 hours with T-mobile and get nothing but the run around and the best they could do was knock 50$ off the 250$ that he paid for a brand new one. Went to Best Buy tried to get one myself and I wasn't approved for a regular plan. (another story) So my roommate ended up just keeping the new one for the 250$ and actually sold me his for only 50$. So all and all I made out pretty damn well.

8. strjms72

strjms72 New Member

well it's only phone, not a matter of life and death, so you did good :big grin: