SRS Battling Depression

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Guz200sx, Oct 29, 2007.

1. Guz200sx

Guz200sx The man who does more than he is paid for will soo

I'm going through a bout of depression right now...

Strictly because this girl I was seeing broke up with me. I really thought we had something good together. We have a lot in common but she broke up with me and now has basically break off all communication. You could say I am devasted.

I don't know where it went wrong but I know I am very down right now.

And the sad part is, I don't see myself climbing back out.

I am trying so hard....I've gone out with friends and have fun. I go out and do other things to take my mind off of it but yet I still find myself thinking about it.

I know I should try and meet another girl cause thats how I could prolly get over it but that looks bleak as well.

I'm just so stuck in the fact that me and her had so many things in common and we got along well but yet she ended it. She says she ended it because her job (HS Teacher) is very unpredictable and she can't handle the stress (of work, friends, relationship) so something had to give and it was me. :ugh: I don't believe it for one second that it was her job...I don't know what I did wrong, I was good to her. I was fun to hang out with. I am funny. I am an all around good guy but....Yet she didn't see it working out in the long term. :(

2. JustJeff

JustJeff www.youtube.com/thisisjustjeff

It's not worth sitting here wondering why and how. It happened and you need to understand that it's time to move on. Realize that if she thinks you are not the same priority as her work or friends, then she is not worth staying together. You should feel like you are towards the top of her priority list.

Why are you sulking? You listed all these reasons to why you are a great person: forget about her. You have the qualities of a person that everyone enjoys the company of, so you have nothing to worry about.

Just give it a few weeks. Time is the ultimate cure.

3. Dreams2Reality

Dreams2Reality saywhat

Maybe she was just being brutally honest with you? Did you even think to take that into consideration?

Some people have more will power then others in life. With will power, people are able to make tougher decisions to hopefully better themselves in the end. Maybe your 'Miss' decided this is whats best for her, and in concern for you, realized it'd be best for the both of ya.

Don't let the situation change your tracks in life. Noone in here can honestly tell you break-ups with a special somebody is easy, cause well, they're not. The same reason why relationships are awesome and filling are the same reasons they're dangerous and heart wrenching. In order to commit, you have to give your heart hoping in the end it's rested on a pillow. However, in situations like yours and mine (Coincidentally, I'm going through the same thing) our end up on a jagged road, pierced, waiting for a form of remedy.

The remedy, though, has always been inside us. It's up to us to draw it out and use it. Noone in life should control your emotions except yourself.

4. Guz200sx

Yes...I think she was being honest with everything she said but initially I thought something else...That maybe it was something else. If she liked me so much then why couldn't she have made it worked??

5. Guz200sx

I know...Thats everyone says. Thats what I initially thought also. I think she thought that too but she is 25 so she wants to make her job first. And Now that I think about it more...she said it would not work in the long term, I think she meant something else like she'll prolly not even be staying in this area cause I remember her mentioning that she wanted to move. Prolly to the West Coast cause her best friend(s) live out their and she misses them and she likes it a lot better ......

I'm sulking cause she said a lot of stuff that I thought she was being honest and she prolly was at the time being honest. But I feel like she built me up and then knocked me down...i dunno, it sucks. I'm getting better and over it but at times, I begin to think about it.
    I guess it just was not meant to be......:(