Battery troubles *Thinkpad Crew*

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by Silvertone, Oct 10, 2006.

1. Silvertone

Silvertone New Member

So, i have a thinkpad T60 and my battery is fucked. well i think it is. Yes, i know about the exploding batteries and i checked out my serial # to see if its among the bad batch, and its not.

Here's my dilemma

Pluged in the battery, no adapter: laptop does not turn on, no battery detected.

Plugged in the battery, adapter: laptop turnes on, then finds battery and it runs fine.

UNPLUGS adapter: computer turns off, no battery response.

I put a different battery in the thinkpad, everything is fine and dandy.

Is there something i'm missing? I dont want to drop the extra hundred-something for a new battery.

cliffs: my battery doesnt hold a charge, not on the recall list, its not the laptop thats the problem; what to do?

2. Coottie

Coottie BOOMER......SOONER OT Supporter

Call IBM tech support and explain the situation. They are the ones you should be talking to....not here. Afterall, it's not normal behavior that you are experiencing.

3. Pr0Xima

Pr0Xima SPY ZAPPIN MAH SENTRY!

Not normal at all... is there a recall on your specific battery? I know sony did a huge recall on some batteries that affected alot of computers including apples.

4. 5Gen_Prelude

5Gen_Prelude There might not be an "I" in the word "Team", but

Ladies and Gentlemen, my number one pet peeve for online forums demonstrated eloquently.

5. Pr0Xima

Pr0Xima SPY ZAPPIN MAH SENTRY!

:hsd: reading comprehension > me

Read that real fast at work.

6. deusexaethera

deusexaethera OT Supporter

Buy a new battery (I doubt any warranty will give you a new one for free, they're considered a consumable) and program your Power Settings to hibernate the computer when the battery hits 10% charge.

You absolutely CANNOT drain a Lithium battery dry more than a few times or it will be toast. That includes letting the computer sit turned off for a long time with the battery plugged in. If you have to let the computer sit, pull the battery.