A&P Bath Time!

Discussion in 'Lifestyle' started by IntheWorks, Jul 22, 2009.

1. IntheWorks

IntheWorks windin film.. takin pics Moderator

[​IMG]

super clamped an sb-24 to the shower head @ 1/8 power. I was going for a high key look with the lighting, and hoped that the shower walls would eliminate most of the shadow on his right to keep it high key, but it didn't quite work out. Still liked the shot anyway.

2. UnNakedChef

UnNakedChef 2jz Sackrider Holder

I don't know if this composition does it for me...wait, let me rephrase that. I don't know if I care for this composition, but I like the high key look with the bathtub, water, and cute blonde-haired kid.

I would say maybe try a couple more shots with a second flash, but that shit already makes me nervous with the SB-24 dangling over him in the water...but then again, when it comes to kids, I can be a little mother-hennish as opposed to my life where I have no real problem stumbling drunkenly into heavy traffic or licking a circuit breaker on a dare.

3. IntheWorks

trust me when I say there was no way on earth that flash was falling into the water :nono:

As far as the comp goes... not to certain about it myself, but it's hard to frame up a shot when your standing on the edge of the tub and holding the camera out over top of your head.

4. UnNakedChef

:mamoru:

5. darkjedi

darkjedi Muay Thai expert

Not a bad shot, I like the lighting alot. try the shot again with better composition.

6. IntheWorks

what would you guys suggest for compositional changes? This is a slightly cropped(to remove my feet) and rotated version. I wanted wide and him off to the left to include the bath toys... not sure how else I could have framed it.

7. UnNakedChef

Well, if you want it wide, you want it wide, but I'd like to see it closer in and down more so you aren't so much over his head. Maybe at such an angle where the edge of the tub just blocks his bits and pieces, but still shows the water. It would also be a cool shot from all the way down low close in on him, with his hands on the edge of the tub and him hanging over, but then you lose the water, and I like the water with the high key.

8. IntheWorks

I have a few shots similar to that, but didn't like them as well.... I'll have to work on them later tonight.

9. UnNakedChef

Cool. Wouldn't mind seeing those too.

10. mobbarley

mobbarley Active Member

I dont like that you can see one side of the bath but not the other, very asymmetric & slightly skewed. Also maybe if his head was tilted up more or the camera was closer to his level :dunno:

11. wrong1

wrong1 Member

I like what you were going for on this one, but I cant get over the feeling that I'm invading his privacy by looking at it... Its his facial expression and body language.
    Also agree with this.

12. IntheWorks

I understand where you could get that.... I had a pic from the same angle, but a much better, more fun, expression on his face... but his weenus was showing :hs:

13. IntheWorks

28mm on a 20D is as wide as I've got right now, and I don't see myself getting something any wider very soon... I might see if I can borrow my cousins 17-40L and shoot this again.