Bat Man Sucked!!!!

Discussion in 'Entertainment' started by Jam_Master_J, Jun 18, 2005.

1. Jam_Master_J

Jam_Master_J New Member

I went to see Bat Man Begins last night and I can't begin to voice the overwhelming disappointment and disgust I felt immediately after ward. What a crap movie! The first Bat Man was the only one worth watching.... gosh what a crappy movie :(

2. lionsgraphics

lionsgraphics OT Supporter

watching monday night. :wiggle:

3. HoodRich

HoodRich Professional Street Nigga OT Supporter

the fact that the last 3 have all sucked ass didnt tip you off to this one following suit?

4. GoGophers

GoGophers New Member

I liked it. It is still, of course, over the top but I still rather enjoyed it. I didn't have much hope going in and I was pleasantly surprised. Flame away!

(For the record, I hated the last two Batman's)

5. Katsumoto

Katsumoto New Member

You suck at judging movies, it was very good and made the old ones laughable.
    What was wrong with it?

6. SS109

SS109 3100 FPS OT Supporter

I liked it. I thought it had a new, interesting take on the story.

I did prefer Tim Burton's sets & art direction, but story wise, I thought it was one of the best Superhero movies ever made.

7. sphinx

sphinx New Member

whoa wtf.....i thought that batman begins was totally fuckin awesome!

Made all the other movies look like pieces of shit. Christopher Nolan is a excellent director and the cast was equally as great.

8. joy division

joy division New Member

Nothing will touch tim burtons work....but it blew away anything else, the third and on batman (forever, batman and robin :ugh: )

9. johnny

johnny shit, baby

It's trying to reclaim the franchise from parody and stupid shit.

I'll give it points for that. :dunno:

10. Knucklehead

Knucklehead New Member

You're nuts, this was easily the best batman.

11. HoodRich

not even by the loosest definition of easily. It may be the best but to say easily the best is just retarded.

12. thatguyoverthere

thatguyoverthere New Member

I liked the new Batman movie very much, and I liked the two Tim Burton ones too. I think Batman Begins is the best of the modern Batman film series, but the 2 Burton movies still stand on their own as 2 different movies.

I think Batman Begins was miles better than Spiderman 2, which I thought was mostly awful. Anyone that claims to be a Batman fan and didn't like Batman Begins should be very happy staying at home and watching Batman & Robin on TV!

13. Wolf

Wolf No one plans to take the path that brings you lowe

It was so much better than the past couple "comicish" ones (mr freeze = :down: )

14. Felixx219

Felixx219 New Member

I liked it a lot. I went to see it this last weekend and was very impressed. I liked the first Batman and Batman Forever but Batman Returns and Batman and Robin were terrible.

This movie gave a new flavor to the Batman series and it was very refreshing. I thought that Christian Bale played an excellent Batman and should return if future movies are to be made.

15. Bella

Bella New Member

Your crazy it was better than the last 3 there were

16. iNteGraz92

iNteGraz92 trolling apple sackriders is just too damn easy

batman > you
    nolan > shitmacher

17. {WBK}Blood_Lust

{WBK}Blood_Lust New Member

Batman sucks, the car sucked, the acting sucked, the jedi guy sucked in the movie, the american phyco guy sucked in the movie, the bad guys sucked, the fact that i spent $8 to see this turd really sucked.

I didn't like it, wish i did, but i didn't

not exactly a siskel and ebert review but there ya go

18. bostontt

bostontt Yankees Suck

hope you're wrong, i'm excited to see it.

19. Felixx219

Felixx219 New Member

Regardless of what you thought of the movie how can you saw that Christian Bale sucked as Batman. His acting was on point. He was very much in character and played a great Batman.

20. HoodRich

i thought he did a good job, but i was sitting there for 2 hours waiting for him to say "dont just look at it, eat it" and was disappointed when he didnt.

21. thaioneon

thaioneon New Member

i agree that christian bale was pretty great... although, IMO, he was far better as bruce wayne than he was as batman. he tried too hard to emulate the gruff "batman voice" of his predecessors... and it ended up coming off as fake.

nothing but good things to say about morgan freeman, michael caine and cillian murphy in supporting roles. will not comment on katie holmes' performance -- but at least she didn't ruin it for me.

overall, very very entertained. and rivals the original.

22. laracroft

laracroft teh croft

I pretty much agree with this.

Ok as Bruce Wayne
    Sucked as Batman

23. King Ralph

King Ralph Active Member

I just kept thinking: Why isn't the giant microwave, which is powerful enough to vaporize water from great distances, cooking the occupants of the monorail :eek3:

Good movie though :)

24. bassjunky

bassjunky I'm baaaaa-ack!

Ditto Rush! And for the thread starter...it's Batman...not Bat Man...now the first two Batman movies with Micheal Keaton were just as good as this last one...however, Val Kilmer (even though I like him as an actor he lost credibility with his Batman role), George Clooney and Governor Arr-nold completely destroyed the Batman franchise but I believe "Begins" is heading in the right direction to salvage the series...:bigthumb:

25. Arditezza

Arditezza Dum spiro, spero

Batman Begins was more true to the storyline than any of the others have been. The others had the feel of a comic book, but this movie WAS the comic story. You get to understand why Bruce becomes Batman... not by conceit but out of ties. It sets up the next of the films perfectly, as now you understand why Gotham has gone mad. It explains why he is against killing, but that he will not save those who have no future in Gotham City and have attempted to harm it. Everything about the Batman storyline is Gotham, all the stories and characters. But the other films lost that in trying to have a "Comic Book" feel to them.

Tim Burton's films of Batman were dark, brooding movies with unrealistic plots, story lines and characters. None of it seemed at all real. True to the "feel" of the comic books, but not true to the storyline. In the first few, Gotham seemed small, dirty but not seedy or mad. Batman Begins brings Gotham to life in a way none of the others were successful in doing. Batman's story is inexplicably tied to Gotham, which was never touched on before either. He was a superhero just trying to save individuals in a movie. Now, you get the idea what Batman's past, present and future are fed off of Gotham itself, which is important to the Batman original storyline. You also understand that the League of Shadows is an occidental cult of men that believe in their "rightness" and everyone elses wrong. It's not that Batman opposes the notion of destroying that which has become bad, but in the method of fear. That they would drive the city mad and let them destroy themselves. That is not justice, that is torture. And it was Gotham, the only tie between his parents and himself. Adding to the selfish notion of cherishing that piece.

An authentic Batman is not really a hero, but an anti-hero who lives in a world of nihilism and madness with a gritty urban backdrop. The comic book Batman had no real "powers" other than his prowess, physicality, and wits. He was never a Boy Scout, or the "Good Guy". He didn't follow anyone's rules, and he didn't always play fair. His modus operandi was to live in the darkness and stalk people who put the fear in others, punish them, and then step back into the darkness. His quest for vengeance is replaced by a thin red line between good and evil. Between doing bad deeds under the shady veil of noble ideas. In the end, Batman does good despite his selfish and shady motivations. This is the way it was in the comics, and in the storyline. Anyone who believes the campy TV series or cartoon remakes displayed the "true" Batman is sadly mistaken. People were "disappointed" that there were no "Pows" and "Bams" or anything of the sort. For me, I am glad that they climbed out of Burton's toybox long enough to really capture the spirit of Batman.

Gary Oldman's "Gordon" was perfect in every way. Christian Bale made a great Bruce Wayne, but failed to carry the Batman character for me as his face lacked the chizelled resolve of a man with a purpose. Morgan Freeman was perfect, and Michael Caine was a good replacement, albeit a rather sad one for Alfred fans who miss the old guy. I felt like they should have chosen some brit, with a lesser known face who I hadn't remembered in any other role before this one. It's like replacing Q in the Bond movies... no matter how well played, it doesn't feel the same. And to Christian Bales credit, and good filmography, Batman becomes scary for the first time in any of the movies. A trait that was important in the comics. His voice and demeanor was done well. I was impressed overall.