GUN Baskin Robins has a new flavor .45

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by TL1000RSquid, Sep 7, 2007.

1. TL1000RSquid

TL1000RSquid ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Ice cream store manager kills robber

Friday, Sep 07, 2007 - 01:16 AM

Article Tools
    Email a FriendEmail a Friend
    RSSRSS
    digg itdigg it

Printer FriendlyPrinter Friendly
    Mobile AlertsMobile Alerts
    Sphere IT
    deliciousSave This Page
    By JIM NOLAN
    TIMES-DISPATCH STAFF WRITER

A man who robbed a South Richmond Baskin-Robbins ice-cream store with a fake gun Thursday night was shot to death by the store's gun-wielding manager.

The fatal shooting occurred just after 9 p.m. at the store, in the 6900 block of Forest Hill Avenue.

Richmond police said the suspect entered the store brandishing a BB gun that looked like a semiautomatic weapon and demanded money.

After a clerk handed over cash, police said, the store manager grabbed a semiautomatic handgun from behind the counter and fired multiple times at the thief, striking him at least once as he fled.

A police K-9 unit followed a trail roughly 100 yards through a wooded area behind the store to the 2900 block of Cherokee Road. Officers found the bleeding man lying on the ground in front of what is believed to be his residence, with cash police think was taken from the store.

The man was transported to VCU Medical Center, where he died a short time later.

Police identified the dead man as Jerome Davis, 43, of 2916 Cherokee Road. Investigators said the suspect had been released from prison roughly nine months ago after doing time for robbery.

Police spokeswoman Cynthia Price said investigators will consult with the Richmond commonwealth's attorney's office to determine whether charges are warranted in connection with the shooting.

Thursday night's robbery was not the first time that blood has been spilled at that Baskin-Robbins 31 Flavors Ice Cream parlor.

Back in 1991, store owner John Roberson was shot in the elbow in the parking lot of the eatery during an attempted robbery.

Roberson has owned the store for more than 35 years and is known in the neighborhood for the humorous messages that appear on the signboard outside his business. Contact Jim Nolan at (804) 649-6061 or [email protected].

2. mattsb2000

mattsb2000 OT Supporter

Jerome Davis

Guess the race. :hsugh:

3. t1h

t1h Guest

should of shot him before giving him the money. shooting him when he's fleeing will land you in pound me in the ass prison in some states

4. TL1000RSquid

TL1000RSquid ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

:werd: hopfully the DA doesn't push for any charges, sounds like the manager did us all a favor, guy just got out of prison less then a year ago, better dead then my tax money having to pay for him in prison.

5. Coottie

Coottie BOOMER......SOONER OT Supporter

Hmm...are you sure on this??

I'm not a lawyer but if you shoot him before he has any money, it could be argued by a slime ball attorney hired by the dead doods family, that he wasn't actually trying to rob the store. If he has the money, then it's kind of hard to argue about his intent.

Sure if he's fleeing it can be argued that the threat is almost over and the people weren't really in danger but I think I'd rather be in this position than the other one.....maybe not.

6. MTech

MTech New Member

Notice they had to make mention in the first sentence he robbed the place with a fake gun so people would immediately read th enext line and think Oh my that brutal ice cream man killed that poor innocent robber!

7. TL1000RSquid

TL1000RSquid ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Something to be pointed out for civil suit to come "My baby would never hurt nobody he didnt even have a real gun"

8. MTech

MTech New Member

Nope..not her grandson....
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wT276wf7XP8 :naughty:

9. fatmoocow

fatmoocow bored OT Supporter

Let's play find the liberal alarmist, but technical correct word search game!!

10. Dumbstixlars

Dumbstixlars Ron Paul/AR-15/Glock/old car/Scooby/R/C croo OT Supporter

Fixed.

11. [DWI]

[DWI] Master of Nothing

Does this new flavor come with chocolate sprinkles?

12. Coottie

Yeah it's called Chocolate Reign. :)

13. Thunderbear

Thunderbear Yggdrasil's Forester.

I'm pretty sure it'd be Chocolate Pain.

14. skeletor25rs

skeletor25rs Yetis & Deer

Who would order that?:noes:

15. Wave

Wave Carlos Spicy Weiner

First of all... BEST THREAD TITLE EVER... EVAR!!!

Sounds like a pretty clean shoot. Anyone that is stupid enough to rob a place less than 100 yards from his own house should be shot just to prevent them from reproducing...

16. [DWI]

[DWI] Master of Nothing

I've ordered things called "death by chocolate" and "chocolate suicide" so chocolate pain wouldn't be bad.

then again lets go with the wild wild west version

Robber: Give me all your money.
    Clerk: Ok one Chocolate Pain coming up.
    *BLAM*
    . . . . .
    Apu: Thank you stealing please come again.

17. Initial E

Initial E New Member

so he brought a gun into the store and showed it to the clerk just for shits and giggles? lol

It is established that the perp had intent to commit the crime by using a firearm. Armed robberies have a history of going bad and thus warrants the clerk/victim to defend himself.

However, shooting the guy as he fled the scene is kinda messed up. I will assume he shot the guy in the back. Being such, the threat was over and he should've just let him run.

18. Coottie

For the sake of debate, I'll bite on your post...but I'm not about to say that I agree with all this...only that if I were this guys family lawyer, I'd argue it. And I'm kinda bored and enjoy arguing positions that I don't necessarily agree with...so here goes.

No he brought the gun into the store for protection...after all, it's a dangerous neighborhood and even the store owner resorted to buying a gun in case he got robbed again. Then I'd get into the specifics of how the gun was drawn, what was said, the timing of it all....those sorts of things.

If the guy is dead and doesn't have any money in his hand....there is the ability to twist things many different ways. Not saying it's right or that I would even want to take this position but hey, attorneys are a slimy lot and I'm glad I'm not one. :)
    Wrong, wrong, wrong......It established the perp had a firearm ONLY. You are extrapolating that his intent was to rob the store and I'm stating that nothing could be further from the truth. He was worried about his safety and when the owner saw the gun, he immediately went for his gun. My client then pulled his gun to defend himself.
    Exactly and I would highlight this and put the blame on the clerk/owner for escalating the situation unnecessarily.
    Yep....but you know....the owner could argue that since the guy had a gun he was threatening other people in the store or parking lot and that he needed to be stopped.

19. D-FENS

D-FENS New Member

Next time someone brings up any of that bullshit, I should pull out a realistic looking airsoft and start waving it around screaming "NOBODY MOVE OR I'LL BLOW YOUR FUCKING BRAINS OUT!"
    Then after everyone is freaking out, I'll just put it away and say calmly "whoa, what's everybody freaking out about? It's not real."

20. [DWI]

[DWI] Master of Nothing

fixed