basic windows question

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by LowkeyG, Aug 19, 2003.

1. LowkeyG

LowkeyG OT Supporter

:o

how do you set the standard window size for new windows?

when i open up my winexlorer it comes in maximized nicely, but when i right click and open a link in a new window they come up just slightly smaller then maximized, and causes me to close windows behind these, how can i make new windows show up maximized by default

:o :o :o :o :o

sorry i had to ask

2. Leb_CRX

Leb_CRX OT's resident terrorist

from my experience with IE and normal explorer, you open one window, set it to how you want (maximize, or move it around - as long as you dont cross the monitor size) and close it back up and it saves...

as long as you dont open a few, just open one, do it, and close it again, it should set it...

actually you know what, try this, open 1 window, make it as big as you can (without maximize and going over the monitor sides), and close it back up, and try that again, see if it remembers it

3. LowkeyG

LowkeyG OT Supporter

thats how i thought it worked too, and thats how the normal windows work, like the ones that open when i open explorer

but the "open link in new window" or any new windows spawned dont follow that rule

4. JaggedEdge

JaggedEdge ???????????? OT Supporter

Try this. Open window1 using explorer. Right click a link, open window2 in new window. Close window1. Drag edges of window2 to fit screen. Close window2.

You may have to do this a few times to get it to stick.

5. Penguin Man

Penguin Man Protect Your Digital Liberties

If I remember correctly (from last time someone asked this) there's some option in the internet options that tells it whether or not to save window positions.