Basic Wax/Polish Products at Autozone

Discussion in 'That'll Buff Right Out' started by Jay487, Apr 14, 2005.

1. Jay487

Jay487 What's Life If You Ain't Enjoyin' It?

Just need to give the car a spring cleaning, but dont have the money to buy high-end products.

So, whats the best bang for your buck stuff at a local autozone? TurtleWax with an electric buffer or something? I'm not too sure on the correct procedure for a professional-looking shine either. (besides the obvious clean car first and then wax it :hsugh: )

Thanks for any tips :hs:

Last edited: Apr 14, 2005
  2. Robb

Robb Guest

Some great local products are:
    Meguiars Nxt Car Wash/Sheepskin Mitts to wash with-use 2 buckets-1 for soap-1 to rinse mitt in after washing each panel

ClayMagic Clay-After washing and drying you will want to clay to remove embedded crap in the paint.

Meguiars speed glaze-can be found at local paint and body supply stores, this is a good mild polish that will help take out swirl marks and leave your paint ready for waxing.

Meguiars Nxt-Mothers Reflections for Wax

You can also get some good microfiber towels at walmart for buffing and drying

some other good over the counter stuff is stoners invisible glass for glass cleaner, eagle one a2z wheel cleaner and meguiars brushes that can be found at some walmarts

if you need any specific help on how to detail pm me

3. Scottwax

Scottwax Making detailing great again! Moderator

Read through all the stickies, that should at least help you get a lot of the basics. Don't waste your money on a cheapie buffer, the motors are too weak and the choice of buffing medium is poor.

I'd go with Clay Magic to smooth the paint, Meguiars #9 Swirl Remover to polish it and either Meguiars #26 High Tech Yellow Wax or NXT Tech Wax for protection.