barebone

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by shinigami24, Aug 16, 2006.

1. shinigami24

shinigami24 New Member

2. dorkultra

dorkultra OT's resident crohns dude OT Supporter

magic micro, i bought my current pc from them about 1.5 years ago. it was really nice to just drive out there and pick it up and save on the shipping cost. they are a bunch of wierd russians...but the girl at the desk was really hot and had a russian accent. it took about a week for me to get my pc.
    i got a barebones amd athlon 64 3000+
    gigabyte mobo(replaced a year later, because gigabyte mobos are crap) 512mb ram
    that same case -temp display

i bought mine from they're website. i gave them a call because i thought i could just pick it up, but i guess they actually perform a burn-in and test everything before they ship it out, or allow you to pick it up in my case.

as far as games go, i only play emulated games...so i don't need much. someone else will have to help you with your graphics card purchase

that processor is nice and should handle most everything you throw at it, i'm sure someone will try to streer you away from it because of the new conroe processors and that competitive pricing

one thing you should change right away is the fan on the heatsink. i ran mine for a couple of days...hated it, it was decently noisy and i'm sure it didn't do that great of a cooling job. i ended up replacing the heatsink and fan with a quieter and cooler thermaltake combo. also i used actic 5 silver paste, because i had no idea what magic micro used.

3. DaIceMan

DaIceMan Jack Bauer > *.*

I'm just here to see the argument. jolly, deus, emmet... fire away.