Balancing diet?

Discussion in 'Fitness & Nutrition' started by JonDaAzn, Jul 22, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JonDaAzn

JonDaAzn New Member

today is my first day trying to follow the T-dawg diet and I'm having a lot of trouble balancing my carb, calorie, and protein intake. According to the diet, I should be taking in 100 g of carbs, 2880 calories, and 288 g of protein per day, but I'm only 2/3rds of the way through the day and I've eaten 94 g of carbs, 1050 calories, and 92 g of protein. Is there any way to up my calorie and protein intake in the future without taking in a lot of carbs? or can anyone recommend a recipe website for some lower carb/ higher calorie&protein meals?

btw, if you're interested in what I have eaten, I had 3 yogurts (where most of my carbs came from), a can of tuna, 2 tbsp olive oil, 1 gatorade and 2 scoops of protien powder (mixed it with water because we are out of milk, almost threw up)

link to t-dawg diet site
    http://www.t-nation.com/findArticle.do?article=243tdawg2

2. Phineas Q Stork

Phineas Q Stork Active Member

Dont eat yogurt. Get your carbs from veggies, oatmeal, and then in your pre and post workout nutrition. As far as low carb, high protein foods.......steak, chicken, eggs are all you really need

Last edited: Jul 22, 2005
  3. TheMustafa

TheMustafa hook 'em

sub cottage cheese for yogurt, wtf are you doing drinking gatorade, grilled chicken breast is almost all protien

4. JonDaAzn

JonDaAzn New Member

5. Zika

Zika My avatar is still NOT me

Have you read that actual diet article?...it explains everything :dunno:

It even gives a sample diet for a day which is pretty simple outline to what you should eat.

I've actually pretty much tried this diet myself where the only form of carbs I got were pre and post workout.

I work out in the morning so I would have oatmeal and whey protein at breakfest and then a PWO shake with dextrose after. For the rest of the day I eat high protein low carbs foods except for veggies...I felt fine :dunno:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.