Bah, too much shit, don't know what to buy.

Discussion in 'That'll Buff Right Out' started by Slimmy, Mar 7, 2005.

1. Slimmy

Slimmy Get Richt or Die Trying

Recommend me the following:

Shampoo
    Wax/Polish/Glaze - has to be done by hand, no buffer involved, and preferably something that won't take me an entire day to do.
    Wheel Cleaner
    Drying Towels/Wheel Brush
    Clay bar kit for a noob at it.

And that's basically it. Don't need to get all fancy or professional level, just want to keep my car clean and in good shape.

Suggestions wanted, and also a good site to buy these products from as I haven't found much at local stores.

My new car is white, so it's gonna be a chore to keep it clean.

And yes, I've read the stickies, but that shit is just confusing.

2. black 3g

black 3g Guest

for a shampoo, id suggest Meguiars NXT car wash. excellent product at a low price.

as far as a wax/polish/glaze, you might want to try Klasse AIO. topped with Natty's Paste wax by Poorboy's, your car will look great.

for towels, i would stop by sams club and get the 16 pack of microfiber towels they have for $4.81. i bought three packs and love them.

i just use the wheel brush sold by audi. it was only $4 and works great.

as you said you were a beginner at claying, id pick up a clay kit by meguiars or mothers. they arent that expensive, so if you botch up the bar, you wont feel like kicking your own ass.

white is a fairly easy color to keep clean compared to black. just remember that the final product will reflect how good your prep work was.

a good site for detailing info is www.detailcity.com. they are very helpful and the site has a ton of information.

i have purchased a few orders at www.premiumautocare.com and have been pleased every time. they also give a discount to detail city members as an addition to their already low prices. there are definately more vendors, but premium auto care is the only one i can vouch for.

3. Slimmy

4. black 3g

black 3g Guest

it looks like a decent kit, but imo there are a lot better products than some of the ones in there at the same price. i have been dissapointed by a few products listed in that kit.

5. Scottwax

Scottwax Making detailing great again! Moderator

If you are looking for consumer level products you can buy at your local auto parts store, go with either Meguiars or Mother's 3 step kits. Either one of their car wash soaps is pretty good. I'd go with Clay Magic's clay bar.

6. Robb

Robb Guest

here is a great kit for you, has mostly everything you need, may want a few more MF towels, these are all top of the line products as well

Perfect Shine Base Kit

its got shampoo, clay, lube, klasse,

7. Slimmy

I just ordered a ton of stuff.

A Poorboy's kit with paste wax and polish with carnauba, with some spray n gloss and 3 microfiber towels and an applicator pad.

And I also ordered NXT car wash, Clay Magic Perfect Finish kit, another Chennile wash mitt, some extra applicators and a brush for my wheels.

:eek4:

8. Scottwax

Scottwax Making detailing great again! Moderator

PwC and Nattys is a very wet combo. I used that on the white Studebaker and green 62 Buick on my website.

Spray & Gloss is real good too, nice and slick!

9. Slimmy

We'll see how it goes. Should get it all next week, so maybe next weekend I will spend a day claying and waxing.