MIL BAH Question (navy)

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by widds2v, Dec 26, 2007.

1. widds2v

widds2v Active Member

So admin is closed for like the next million years for holidays so probably be quicker to ask here...

BAH, this will be my first time collecting it basically. From what I've been told I get a lease, take it into admin, then they start he paperwork for BAH. This is fine and dandy if I find a new apartment for myself.

What if I find an apartment where I will be a roommate with a civilian who has the lease? I guess my questions are...

1) Would an "unofficial" lease signed by both of us work? Stating I'm paying them xxx/month, kind of like a contract..

2) I tried looking on the net because I had always thought there was a partial BAH of like half-BAH if you are in quarters with someone else in the military who is drawing full BAH. But if they arnt in the military do you still get only half the BAH or the full?

Domo!

2. mrduke

mrduke OT Supporter

What's your paygrade?

3. PlutoBHG

PlutoBHG New Member

no, you need to get copies of the official lease from the landlord signed by everyone...and if you want (you should) you should sit down and discuss the terms of the lease since you might not be there as long as him...

4. widds2v

widds2v Active Member

I'm an E5, no dependants. And thats my biggest thing is how long they're gonna be there since we're probably doing a gulf cruise next year.

5. Zourn

Zourn 16-bit Ninja OT Supporter

shit, all i did was fill out a BAH request when I hit E-5, turned it in and was told what check my first installment would be on.

6. crucial_fiction

crucial_fiction Active Member

yeah if you're stateside that's all you really need to do...if you're overseas you have to do the whole lease thing (at least in japan)

7. Sharkticon

Sharkticon The safest place in combat is on an AEGIS Class Gu

Whichever lease you decide to sign, make sure IT HAS A MILITARY CLAUSE in case you deploy.