Bad Wrists

Discussion in 'Fitness & Nutrition' started by Nismo4090, Mar 21, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nismo4090

Nismo4090 Back in Black

Im a fairly strong at 165 with about a ~260 bench and the rest of my body falling along that strength level with my legs slightly behind due to a really bad right hip that has hindered my athletic ability all my life- probably will need surgery eventually. Anyways whenever im doing dumbell bench curls anything with any pressure on my wrists they just buckle and i cant keep my grip. I just have some girl wrists and really dont know what to do about it. I have some wrist straps and I know some wrist and forearm strengthening exercises but I was curious if anyone had any advice for my poor wrists. Thanks :)

2. AaronOC

AaronOC Guest

what's a bench curl?

3. Knightmare X

Knightmare X OT Supporter

I think this is what he meant:

"Anyways whenever im doing dumbell bench, curls, anything with any pressure on my wrists, they just buckle and i cant keep my grip."

4. Nismo4090

Nismo4090 Back in Black

i did not use commas, i felt it was obvious. also i can do lifts but if i want to go real slow my wrists start to hurt a lot and i have to stop before my muscles fail

5. DTR rex

DTR rex New Member

My wrists are pretty screwed up from years of competitive bench pressing.

Best thing to do is work your wrists and forearms lightly as much as you can, and just let them heal. Mine will be fine for a month, and then all the sudden the next morning they will hurt and be that way for a week or so.. I just kinda push through the pain now though.

6. nobody

nobody New Member

i gave myself bad wrists from biking all over the place as a kid and holding the handlebar wrong. when i lift i wear gloves that have a wrist strap on them. it helps me out a lot because my wrists used to be horribly weak, and are getting slowly better now.

7. Grouch

Grouch Guest

I would use wrist wraps for the benching and start doing wrist curl and leveraging.

8. grampositivecocci

grampositivecocci New Member

whatever happened to the pl grouch, you were competing right?

9. Grouch

Grouch Guest

I was, then I had a failed cut, then I just started to fag around. But now im all better. got a 505 pull 2 days ago.

10. grampositivecocci

thats good you're getting back into pl, keep training and those numbers will come up. Did you ever compete in grip stuff?

11. Grouch

Grouch Guest

most grip things are really unoffical. there are some actual organizations though but I've never seen anything in my area. But i would try a real one just to see how i do though.

12. grampositivecocci

start competing in pl again, you know you want to. Ever since nukegoat stopped training with you, you've pussied out.

13. Grouch

Grouch Guest

werd. he was my driving force. now he does curls on a inflatable rubber ball. :wtc:

14. grampositivecocci

cmon man, I'm touching your numbers, that should be motivation enough

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.