SRS Bad with girls, i keep wanting my ex back,but a no no?

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by quamen, Apr 14, 2006.

1. quamen

quamen New Member

Im going to make this short as possible. Im a college student,but live the not so typical college life. I work alot and very hard, while attending school at night. I have my own business, work part time for another company and go to school part time. Im almost done with school now, but i havent had many good dates. I find it very hard to keep girls interest level in me, or keep the conversation going and keep them intersted. I was pretty set with my ex,but of coarse a party happened,she cheated on me with her ex,she went back to him, he cheated again and they broke up. Im thinking about all the girls I have taken out since then, and none seemed to like me as much, have as much in common, or just take me for me. I keep thinking that i want her back, but wouldnt that be so bad??She cheated on me after being together for almost a year, so she must not have loved me as much as she admitted. I guess my life feels kinda incomplete without a girl in my life,and that is bad to say. I do have a good group of friends and stay pretty busy,but i seem to miss having that someone special in my life that seems to complete me. Suggestions? Also im pretty shy,so im not as outgoing but i do have confidence in myself. Im also at average looking,and many times from what i have been told girls think im pretty cute. I think my major problem is that I can attract the girls,but i cant hold their attention and i just seem boring.. dont contact the ex either?

2. SeeVinceRun

SeeVinceRun Currently In Prison OT Supporter

You sound like you need some reassurance. You KNOW that going back to the ex is not an option.

Everyone has been in your situation before. It seems like there is no one out there, so you fall back to your safe bet...in this case, your "safe bet" is a lying, cheating girl. Not good.

Just keep on being yourself. Get a hobby to occupy your time (I always recommend hitting the gym) and if you feel you have a problem keeping girls interested then remember the cardinal rule: Talk about them. They will never get tired of telling you about themselves becuase people are inherently narcissistic.

The only other thing I can tell you is this: Dont settle for being unhappy becuase of a loss of hope. The things your looking for are more than likely going to hit you right in the face the minute you honestly stop looking for them.

3. quamen

quamen New Member

thanks for the reply and you putting it in front of me makes perfect sense. I have a great hobby i love and also go to the gym 3-4 days a week which i love. I think maybe i just have to get out there more, or just try to start a little more conversation with people i would seem intersted in. thanks for taking the time to reply!

4. Pringles

Pringles New Member

bro you ask them about there life. Ask loaded questons. Almost anyone, mainly chicks, loves talking about themselves. So just drop simple, loaded questons and let her rag on and on.

5. Midgetized

Midgetized Don't mess with Douche Cat

Your ex didn't like you either if she cheated on you. Definately do not take her back, no matter what.

6. DiggityDogg

DiggityDogg Guest

DO NOT take that ex back. If she had that little of respect for you that she was able to cheat, then she will have far less respect for you if you take her back and allow her to basically "get away with it". NEVER take her back.

Also, having a person in your life is an added bonus. I find it very telling that you need her to "complete you". You should be a complete person without a partner. Having someone is just an added benefit.

Keep busy doing more social things, pick up hobbies, etc. Having more interesting things going on in your life give you more to talk about.

7. quamen

quamen New Member

Thanks guys for the replies!! Ill keep you updated and see how everything goes!