Bad valentines day for me, please help.

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by familyguy101, Feb 15, 2008.

1. familyguy101

familyguy101 New Member

I went on a date with this girl on saturday and it went great. We made out and had a really fun time. Ever since then she has been sending me text messages telling me how much I make her smile and how much she likes me. I just texted her back and we were flirting. She bought tickets for us to go to a monster truck show on saturday and we planned on going.

Today: I called her at about 12:00 and she didn't answer. She texted me back at 3:00 and said "sorry I missed your call". I called her back and we made plans for dinner after she got off work. While she was at work, she texted me saying "we are so fucking busy, of all the nights". I called her after I got the message and called and asker her if she'll at least be out of there at a reasonable time. She said "no, sorry". So I just said "that sucks, cause I made reservations already. Well, have a happy valentines day". She texted me and asked if I'm mad. I messaged her back a few times and told her "not at all, but it was nice knowing you", and "have fun on saturday".

She's called me about 3 times and has been texting me. I think she stood me up for our date, that's why I broke off all relations. One of her guy friends called me and told me that she is really sad now.

What happened? Why is she still calling me? Am I an asshole? What should I do?

This sucks because I really liked her and now I'm hurt.

2. demosnat

demosnat New Member

You're an asshole. She got stuck at work and you were mean about it. WTF

3. familyguy101

familyguy101 New Member

I used to work there for 2 years. I know that there is no way that she can't get out of there by at least 10:00.

4. familyguy101

familyguy101 New Member

A shipping company.

5. Redbeard

Redbeard OT Supporter

My first impression is the same as yours. If shes capable of lying that easily then its best to get over her now.

6. benson304

benson304 OT Supporter

You kinda came off as a dick.

But who knows maybe she was bsing you.

It was still kinda dick to just cut it off like that.

7. yankeeschick14

yankeeschick14 New Member

imagine that: a shipping company being busy on valentines day. yeah, her excuse sounds legit to me

8. Dwnhillracer15

Dwnhillracer15 :420: Paintball Crew

....wouldnt have done that

9. familyguy101

familyguy101 New Member

10. fray

fray New Member

you sounded like an ass.

and even 10 sounds pretty late for dinner.

you get pissed about a girl being at work late after quickly made dinner plans, and you get pissed when you only get her shirt off on your first date. all this when you "really like her". you're very immature about relationships.

11. familyguy101

familyguy101 New Member

I called her and apologized. I told her that every once in a great while I become an asshole, but other then that i'm perfect. She laughed. We're still on for saturday.

Am I back in the game? What can I expect her to do now?

I know i'm immature about relationships, this is my first one with a girl.

12. Amanda Ann

Amanda Ann New Member

You can expect her to feel uneasy about you. You're really going to have to make it up to her and show that you're not an immature asshole. Sorry, hate to say it.. :dunno:

Edit: aka don't blow your fuse if things don't go your way. Grin, bear it, and take like as it goes.

13. familyguy101

familyguy101 New Member

she texted me after i I called her and said she's glad I called, but that i'm a turd.

Am I still ok?

14. Amanda Ann

Amanda Ann New Member

Maybe, maybe not. I'd say you're walking a thin line. She sounds wiling to forgive you, but I can't say she'll continue to put up with this type of behavior frequently in the future.

15. familyguy101

familyguy101 New Member

ok. how can I show her i'm not an immature asshole?

16. yankeeschick14

yankeeschick14 New Member

tell her, in a joking way, that she still owes you a valentines date. and you'd like to take her out tomorrow.

17. familyguy101

familyguy101 New Member

judging by my lack of experience, would you guys say that I probably won't save this relationship?

Should I just expect to have to move on to a different girl?

18. Amanda Ann

Amanda Ann New Member

don't treat her like shit... don't blow up if something doesn't go your way. don't whine and toss around ultimatums, either. if something happens and she has to cancel a date, or something comes up, accept it gracefully. easier said than done, i know, but the best way to show her you're not an immature asshole is to not treat her like your personal property who most devote every minute of her spare time to you.

19. toroweedeater1

toroweedeater1 New Member

if you wanna make it work you can make it work. If you don't then don't talk to her. After one date are you in a relationship? How about you worry about having fun. And next time, don't be so immature "now you owe me dinner after the monster truck rally and don't worry, i always order the most expensive thing =) and with that overtime your going to get you should be able to afford me."

20. Pringles

Pringles New Member

21. familyguy101

familyguy101 New Member

I honestly thought that since she didn't answer my call earlier in the day, and the fact that she canceled the dinner meant that she was just a tease.

God I'm embarrased.

22. familyguy101

familyguy101 New Member

now she's telling me that maybe she still likes me, but I don't know if she's just flirting. What the fuck should I do? Is she pretty much done with me?

23. toroweedeater1

toroweedeater1 New Member

plz didnt tell me you called her and asked "do you still like me?"

24. familyguy101

familyguy101 New Member

no, I messaged her back saying that i'll let that one slide. Then i told her that I'm the boss, to which she replied "i like it when you boss me around".

So was she flirting?

25. ww_Crimson

ww_Crimson New Member

How could you even have the audacity to be even the least bit upset at her for not being able to get off work early, especially when she didn't know you had made reservations. You sounded like a complete prick when you said "nice knowing you." Shipping companies are probably way behind from fulfilling special valentines day orders.

You're going to look bad no matter how you cut things now, but the only thing I can think of would be to call her and apologize for being a complete asshole. I'd probably say something like "Hey I'm sorry for being so rude earlier, I just didn't realize that you might have a busy night at work tonight and I wanted to take you out to a nice dinner. On your next night off I want to take you out."