Bad to undershoot calorie targets? (Livestrong)

Discussion in 'Fitness & Nutrition' started by Slash, Oct 7, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Slash

Slash New Member

So I've been tracking all my intake and fitness on Livestrong.com for about a month now, and as I'm getting more serious into cycling I'm really starting to have my NET intake be far far lower than my target. So below is the info.

Daily target to lose 1.5lbs / week is 2,391.

Sunday Net - 2641
    Monday Net - 1731
    Tuesday Net - 1400

On Tuesday I ate about 2650 and burned a bit over 1250 cals during an hour ride @ 17.5mph (according to the livestrong calcualtor). I felt like I ate enough (dont feel like im starving) and i definately had energy during the ride. Am I screwing myself over by building too large of a deficit? ITs almost 1000 cals deficit for tuesday alone, and I can easily do this 3-4 days a week. I just dont want to put myself in a bad position from a health perspective.

Thanks in advance.

2. Slash

Slash New Member

Nobody with an opinion?

3. Mass

Mass Active Member

sorry kiddo, thats not the kind of cycling we are really knowledgeable about :(

4. Helios

Helios New Member

Undershooting your calories by that much seems like it would be fairly unhealthy if you kept that up for too long.

But I suppose as long you're getting in all of your vitamins and decent protein, it should be maintainable for a while.

5. el es dee

el es dee ...through a cloud of chalk and the midst of pain.

If you start feeling like shit or start dropping weight much faster than your goal, stop, or at least take a step back.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.