SRS Bad things happening in 3's... I'm so drained.

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by SpectraRedZ, Sep 11, 2007.

1. SpectraRedZ

SpectraRedZ New Member

They always say bad things happen in three's I've heard. I hope that is true, because I don't think I can stand for another crappy thing to happen this week.

1st: On Sunday, my fiance Rob & I saw a house we liked in the listings our realtor friend sent us earlier that day, so we made an appointment with her for Monday at 6:30 to look at the house. Monday night I was about to leave work when I saw an email from her telling us that the house has been off the market for sometime now, the listing agent just never removed it from the MLS. We were quite angry about that, we were excited to look. Earlier the day before, we had found out the first house we wanted to look at was already under contract, so we thought we'd actually get to see this one.

2nd: I was hunting down the recreation department's number for the Charleston parks so I could apply for a permit to get married at White Point Gardens/the Battery. That is the place I've wanted to be married at since December 2005 - the first time I visited it. At the bottom of the page, it said that White Point Gardens and Waterfront Park (a 2nd option), were limited to 25 attendees, including bride and groom, due to city ordinance. But it is a public park, so I'm not understanding this! If 100 people can randomly walk through the park, why can a wedding have no more than 25?! I called Rob to tell him about this, and he sounded really upset. Which brings me to the 3rd crappy event in 2 days.

3rd: Our 14 yr old cat, Tigger passed away this morning at the vet's office. Rob started to cry while telling me, and said he actually wasn't going to let me know until later because everytime he mentions it, he cries a bit. Plus, we both were at work. She went into cardiac arrest and they couldn't save her. They said she was responding well to the I-131 treatment (why we brought her there yesterday), she was eating well, excreting without a problem. Her radiation-roommate was also a cat named Tigger, who was 16. They said our Tigger was calm, collected, and very well behaved while she was there. They took x-rays when she began breathing funny, and noticed a lot of fluid around her lungs. They tried to drain some of it, but that was when she went into cardiac arrest. They attributed the fluid to heart disease or possibly a cancer that has gone unnoticed. We get her back in 80 days, they have to let the radiation go down. I'm in disbelief. I cry just thinking about how she will not be waiting for us ever again. She was Rob's baby-kitty, he's had her since 1993. I feel guilty because she was so happy and loving and alive on Monday when we brought her to the vet. We just said bye and we'd see her Friday or Saturday, with a nice scratch on the head. [​IMG] This wasn't supposed to happen to her.

I really hope things start looking up soon. I feel so drained. I left work at 11am. Luckily everyone understands why and urged me to leave. I had offers left and right for people to finish what I was doing in the lab so I could go. I just want to lay down and bawl with Rob. I know he is trying to be strong and hold himself together, but I know as soon as we get home he will probably just let it go, she meant so much to him. [​IMG] It hurts so much, I've almost forgotten how badly, it's been a little over 4 years since the last time I dealt with one of my fur-babies dying. And it hurts to see Rob hurting so much.

Everything just sucks so much right now.

2. Darketernal

Darketernal Watch: Aria The Origination =)

Im sorry to hear those things, but there's good news on the horizon.

Goto the shop and get the best new kitty you can find, no it will never replace tigger and that's never been your intention, but i can tell you as a fervent cat lover that losing a cat pounds a huge big hole into your heart over the loss, and after that there's a great unwillingness to bring in a new cat in the house because the general feeling is that your old cat is irriplaceable which it is. The best thing you can do to cheer Rob up is to get a brand new wonderfull and best looking kitty you can get without him knowing about it, and when he comes into the house him suddenly noticing the new kitty in the house will make him really glad, and in the worst case you can always bring it back.

There will be new oppertunities to see houses, and in terms of marrying, you just might find a place that's even far more beautifull then just in the park. *hug* don't worry, keep looking and keep on trying. There's always new joy you can bring into your life if you make an effort.

3. calisteph6

calisteph6 Active Member

Honestly, besides the last one this isn't so bad. The first two are things you can change, find an even better house and find an even better venue for your wedding!! I'm very sorry about your cat, but he lived a good life. I agree with Darketernal, if you're up for it adopt a kitten!! A kitten will keep you busy and Tigger wouldn't want you so sad over him anyway. Think positive and good things will come.

4. SpectraRedZ

SpectraRedZ New Member

I know there will be more home-buying options, we are actually hoping to be building one of our own - we are just waiting on word from his dad on whether or not he will sell us some of his land (he has 5 acres, most of it is cleared and unused). I'm determined to have a place of our own before we are married though, since I'd HATE to return to living with his parents after the wedding. Our realtor told us we had shitty luck, that was an understatement after the two things that happened today.

The wedding thing just aggravates me, since I LOVE the Battery. It's where the Ashley and Cooper rivers pour into the Charleston Harbor on the Atlantic. Its a beautiful area year-round. Arghhh! I'm thinking of looking into one of the big historic homes that are built along the park over-looking the Battery. White Point Gardens was a free wedding venue, I'm sure this house is going to be pricey!! We are paying for it ourselves (my parents are in debt, and I wouldn't want to ask them to give money. I want a simple wedding, and Rob just wants me to be happy with wherever it is). We only have about 5½ months left to get everything arranged.

We've always planned on getting other cats, especially when we got our own place - we planned on getting two kittens since we don't want any kids and are both extreme cat lovers. It does affect me horribly when one passes on ... it's like a big chunk of my heart goes missing with the realization I will never see them again. With the previous cats that passed away, we had gotten our Chassis two weeks afterwards, and we got Caliper the day before our other cat had died (Those two, along with another cat, live with my parents in NC). I'm not really "unwilling" to bring a new cat home, I've been bothering Rob for ages to agree to getting kittens NOW instead of later. We never wanted to disrupt Tigger's life with introducing two little kittens - she was an attention-whore (she didn't even like me so much at first when I moved in and the fiance paid a lot of attention to me, lol).

I do love the idea of surprising him with a kitten or two. I know when we pick out kittens he will most likely tell me to pick the two I want. I just feel as though he might see it like I am just trying to replace Tigger as quickly as I can (especially after all my "lets get kittens!!" talk for the last year), when really I know he will be happy with a little fuzzball to play with, too.

I do think he will want another cat soon though. A friend at work offered me her nearly-2-year old cat and he kind of smiled about it. We are just feeling really shitty today. On top of everything, his boss is being douchebag-McGee and having him do a bunch of stupid extra stuff that wasn't planned. The same boss who, on Sunday when Rob called to tell him he'd be late due to taking Tigger to the vet, told Rob he should just have her put to sleep because a cat isnt worth the money we were spending on the I-131.

*Sigh*

5. calisteph6

calisteph6 Active Member

I saw your post on TCS as well...

It's hard for some people, but you have to remember to try and not stress over things you can't change and instead find good alternatives. This will be really hard to do right now with losing your cat, I understand.

And geez, tell your finance to try and ignore his boss...some people just don't understand how importants our pets are to us!

6. Maximumjmz

Maximumjmz New Member

Honestly I do not really see anything bad in this post.

1. Like you said you can always find another home. You also planning to buy a few acres of land. Some people can't even afford and/or don't have the credit to purchase a single home and therefore have to pay rent for most of their life. Just be content that your able to afford a house and land. For this one I don't think you should even be angry at all.

2. As someone mention you can always find a better place for your wedding. Its probably a hassle though, but its durable. Look at another bright side, at least you found your significant so and you have plans together. Some people can't even find a partner and have issues in this area. Be happy that you found your so.

3. I'm sorry to hear that your pet pass away.

The place where I work at I get a limited amount of vacation, personal, and sick days off. If I left early my boss would count that as a personal day off. The only time I would be allow to go over the limit if something tragic like death in the family, or unforseen injury or gov't related stuff that happens.

7. SpectraRedZ

SpectraRedZ New Member

I had to use personal time off to leave early. Well, actually I dont HAVE to use it, but if I am under 36 hours for the week I will have to submit some. Right now my week isn't looking so great, because I didn't get in until 1:30pm on Monday due to taking our cat to the vet for her appointment, and only stayed until 5:50 that night. They wouldn't give me free time over a pet. Even family funerals count as time off, but as bereavement leave - 4 days maximum.

We ARE planning on buying an acre of land or so. IF the fiance's dad sells us the piece. Everything else we've attempted so far has fallen through due to the thing I mentioned in my first post, a seller turning super-douche on us in a second, taking back everything he said he would do, and finding out the other home had been under contract - finding out at the last minute. Homes and land are through the roof. Most of my aggravation about real estate comes from the fact that I have lived with my fiance's parents for 2 years now, and I want to have a home by the time we get married.

The wedding situation - well the problem is, those are the only two places I have been wanting to have my wedding at. Since the day I drove to the Battery, that is where I've wanted to get married. I know people who've been married there, but of course had smaller weddings and therefore were unaware of the 25 person limit that I have just found out about. We plan on sending out our invitations and seeing how many people WILL make it to our ceremony (seeing as its on a Tuesday, we're unsure how many people really will come). If there is more than 25 I guess I have to suck it up and find somewhere else, though nothing actually screams to me "have it here instead!"

I'm sure people are going through worse shit than I/we are. But all of this piled on top of each other, and then the death of our cat out of the effing blue is just a lot thrown on us. I'm thankful I have my fiance, and that I have a great paying job with a decent boss. I have good credit, and a lot of money saved up. I just need to vent and hear some nice words. It's been a shitty week.