LGBT Bad skin

Discussion in 'Lifestyle' started by Nev, Oct 25, 2006.

1. Nev

Nev OT Supporter

I'm pretty comfortable with my looks all around, but one thing that bothers me is that I have bad skin. It's spotty and just unhealthy looking overall. What are some things I can do to make it healthier looking?

2. XPX

XPX New Member

Well, I had that problem and while my skin is not perfect everyone agrees that it looks much better now....I did the following:

1) I Stopped touching it, I used to touch, massage, pop everything...now I don't...my fingers stay away from my face.
    2) I drink lots of water, it helps your body get rid of toxins through urine and in a less degree over sweat, you end up sweating cleaner.
    3) BP 2.5% over problematic areas
    4) Regular and strict manteinance
    5) Only a little bit of sun, don't let it get sunburned.
    6) Change your bed sheets once a week

Manteinance:

Morning and before you go to sleep:

Wash with special face soap, I use the Neutrogena one that is not that strong, luke warm water, rinse, pat dry with a clean towel (I can't stress the "pat dry" bit enough, it is very important) then apply any water based moisturizer of your preference (odorless ftw, you don't want to smell girly) and then with a qtip apply BP 2.5% to problem areas if any.

Just keep your face clean, if you sweat a lot just rinse your face with clean water and pat dry with a clean towel, this will keep your pores clean and bacteria free.

Clean pores = no black heads
    No bacteria = no white heads

3. Virality

Virality New Member

:werd: I did something almost exactly like this, and my face pretty much cleared up like the afternoon sun.

4. Nev

Nev OT Supporter

I don't have an acne problem, it's just that my skin does not appear smooth and even in color.

...if that makes any sense.

5. XPX

XPX New Member

red patches? If so you should go to the dermatologyst

the rest is just a symptom of unhealthy skin, what I told you to do plus a little tan will do wonders...when I get tanned I love my face, it's so even and alive :eek3:

I'm too white, I hate being pale :o

6. Nev

Nev OT Supporter

no, not red patches, it must just be unhealthy skin I'm noticing since I'm losing the summer tan and becoming more pale:wtc:

7. mamoru

mamoru New Member

AMBI makes a skin discoloration cream that's about 10 bucks...it clears up blotches in skin.

It's made for black people (As some Latoya Jackson wannabe was the poster girl for it on their old packaging) but I've had much success with their products. I use their acne wash and it works wonders...the foaming cleanser :coold:

8. Jinx

Jinx Active Member

If you have the money, facials do wonders for your skin. :hs: