Bad scratches on my black car (pics included)

Discussion in 'That'll Buff Right Out' started by kraka, Jul 28, 2002.

1. kraka

kraka Guest

I've been trying to get rid of these scratches on my car for months with no results. Some of the products I've been using are: Meguiars swirl remover #9, 3M swirl remover #39009, Meguiars ScratchX, Mothers scratch remover, 3M Rubbing Compound, and Zaino Z2 and Z5. My car has a pretty good shine, but none of these products have done jack to get rid of the scratch marks. I really don't know what else to do. And I don't think it's the towels either, because I only use Royal Velvet bath towels on my car and a chamois for drying. Here's some pictures if anyone has any ideas on how to fix this or at least make it look a little better. Thanks.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 29, 2002
  2. Scottwax

Scottwax Making detailing great again! Moderator

Any of the scratches showing white are not going to come out-no paint over them to work with. For the swirl type scratches, you might want to try Meguiars Dual Action Cleaner/Polish and follow it with Meguiars Swirl Free Polish-you will have to order them through www.meguiars.com or find the link to professional distributers in your area.

3. flied lice

flied lice New Member

who cares ur car is a lost cause foo:greddy:
    hehehe jp :fawk: :p

4. Jackhole

Jackhole New Member

:squint:

5. kraka

kraka Guest

What about the Meguiars paint cleaner #1 that comes in the burgundy bottle? Is that a good product? I already have the swirl-free polish #82 in the tan bottle. Do I even need a paint cleaner since I just used a claybar on the car a couple months ago? It still feels pretty smooth and looks clean and shiny.

6. Scuba

Scuba New Member

just get some touch-up paint thats what im gonna do for my black truck when i get some money :(

7. Jackhole

Jackhole New Member

Don't use the crap in the Burgundy Bottle.