SRS Bad pattern of staying up all night. World of Warcraft

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by BradUF, Jul 10, 2007.

1. BradUF

BradUF Guest

I just got in a really bad pattern since I messed up and had to drop a class due to signing up for the wrong one. So for the next six weeks I have way too much spare time. My one class is at 7pm twice a week and I don't work. So for the past week I have been staying up all night playing World of Warcraft and sleeping to 2-3pm. I am stuck in this loop and it makes me feel like crap. My days go by so fast and my nights so slow. Tonight I am going to bed at 12:30 and I am going to get up at 10am but I don't know what to do once I get up. I would get a job but Fall starts in 7 weeks and I do max load. I need something to take up my entire day everyday for the next 7 weeks. I feel like I am stuck in a really bad bad loop.

2. busydoingnothing

busydoingnothing A broken man too tough to cry

Make a list of things you CAN and WANT to do during the day and do them. Force yourself out of bed. I have the same problem. Sometimes I will wake up on my own at 12PM but will go back to sleep for another few hours because I'm comfortable, I can't think of anything I want to do (I think to myself "I'll have to kill a lot of time"), and I really love to sleep/dream.

3. arseclown

arseclown Guest

go to the gym

4. RedDawg

RedDawg Well-Known Member

go jogging, go to local town parks, go to the beach, call up friends and hang out, etc. etc. etc.

5. YourMomOnRyeBun

YourMomOnRyeBun New Member

Those games are the worst thing a student can get involved with. They may be fun, but their level of addiction is probably worse for your "academic life" than narcotics! ;-)

6. Drifter87

Drifter87 Yippi-kay-ay, Motherfucker

I use to be heavily addicted to WOW, then one day I decided to quit and take my life back, this is what I did...

I Stop Payment on WOW, Uninstall WOW and Threw the Discs away. Then I started hitting the GYM 3-4x a week, started running 4-5x a week. I got more involved in out door activities, like sailing, golfing, paint balling. I also joined a club that plays old Strategy Board Games (looked up a website, and just showed up and asked to play). Since I was doing more "real life" activities, I met more people, and then just started hanging out with the new friends at night.

Before I knew it, 9 months went by, I never even thought about playing WOW, because of the GYM/Running I was in great shape, there was almost always something to do, my GPA went from a 2.4 to a 3.2 and I couldn't be happier. If I ever found my self really bored for a few days in a row, I would go look at clubs to check out, throw a party, or just get something I wanted to do going.

7. Coottie

Coottie BOOMER......SOONER OT Supporter

Go get a job...even if you'll leave in 7 weeks.
    Work out....you'll feel better and look better.
    Volunteer your time....you'll be giving back to your community. Try the local ZOO, museum, or local nature park....they always like free help.

See there are 3 things you can do tomorrow.

To break addictions it not good enough to just talk about them...you have to take action. Uninstalling WOW can keep you from running back to it when you have a "weak moment".

Spring was my last semester at University and I didn't want to screw up my GPA...but I was having a blast with TBC expansion. I canceled my acct and uninstalled the game and threw myself into my studies. I'm so glad I did because I got really high grades and learned a LOT about the subjects I was studying.

8. BradUF

BradUF Guest

They are and it is kinda dumb because the game becomes work at high levels to get rich and have phat loot. I ran around picking herbs for 3 hours to get gold when I could be doing the same thing in real life and getting real money.

9. A Cow

A Cow OT Supporter

10. Coottie

Coottie BOOMER......SOONER OT Supporter

Yep and I spend way too much time posting on this forum when I should be applying for jobs. We all have vices...the key is everything in moderation, right?? Now....do as I say....not as I do. :)

11. ironeagle69

ironeagle69 New Member

workout, run

12. JustJeff

JustJeff www.youtube.com/thisisjustjeff

The best thing to do is act now. I would say going cold shoulder on it might be hard. The best thing to do: Give away your account and stop paying for it. It's how I broke my Diablo 2 addiction. I gave away all my stuff, deleted the account and took the cd out of the tray disc and back into it's case. I have gone back to it every once in a while (cause it's free...) but I haven't played it at all.

Find a hobby. Start working out, going to the gym, running, or find something you like to do. I like playing guitar and I spend a lot of time learning new riffs and how to play with other people. It's fun >.<

13. Darketernal

Darketernal Watch: Aria The Origination =)

I think its important to understand that you need to live a progressive lifestyle instead of going in circles. Only do things in life that make you go forward in personal growth.