GUN Bad idea: Hammering bullets

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by TL1000RSquid, Mar 14, 2009.

1. TL1000RSquid

TL1000RSquid ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Bad idea: Hammering bullets
    Originally posted by on: Friday, March 13, 2009
    Last updated on: 3/13/2009 5:56:24 PM
    http://www.abc-7.com/articles/readnews.asp?articleid=27043&z=2

CAPE CORAL: Hitting bullets with a hammer in your driveway may not seem like a good idea to you.

Matthew F. Dugger, 21, doesn't seem share that opinion - at least he didn't before Thursday.

The incident happened on SE 12th Terrace.

Dugger was treated at the hospital after one of the bullets police say he was slamming with a hammer exploded, blowing shrapnel into his leg.

"If you get hit with something hot and fast and out of control, it's going to possibly cause a problem," said Travis Brunson, owner of Chiquita Guns.

The event was reportedly witnessed by several children belonging to Dugger's roommate, who was already under investigation by the Department of Children and Families for inadequate supervision of the children.

"Anyone nearby could have certainly been hit by it. It's such a monumentally stupid idea," Brunson said.

Police were called to the hospital around 5 p.m. because of the suspicious nature of Dugger's injury.

DCF says they are also looking into Thursday's incident.

No charges have been filed in the case.

====

:ugh: :florida:

2. PC Principle

PC Principle New Member

3. Bloody Sunday

Bloody Sunday OT Supporter

ban stupid people

4. HisXLNC

HisXLNC ๑۩۞۩๑ Hot ๑۩۞۩๑

Wasn't this in a Bugs Bunny cartoon?

5. HisXLNC

HisXLNC ๑۩۞۩๑ Hot ๑۩۞۩๑

[y]D1xqrdtJs8w[/y]

6. Soybomb

Soybomb New Member

True story I did that as a kid.

Grandpa died when I was quite young, he left a colt woodsman and a couple boxes of thunderbolts behind. The ammo was in a drawer by the front door at grandmas. One day tinysoy grabbed a box of thunderbolts and a hammer hoping to make some fireworks. I laid a few out on the side walk and gave them good hits but sadly nothing ever came of it. I'm not certain if 7 year olds swing hammers like pansies or if I was perhaps crushing the bullet rather than the rim.

7. dpixel8

dpixel8 New Member

too bad Darwin didn't win

8. AustinL911

AustinL911 Illudium Q-36 Explosive Space Modulator

My stepbroseph used to put .22s on a cinder block and drop big rocks on them. They usually went off. I was young and dumb enough to watch. :rofl:

9. Cannondale

Cannondale OT Supporter

What a moron.

10. Liptonucf

Liptonucf wee woo wee woo wee woo

who the hell says this and expects to be taken seriously...

11. fatmoocow

fatmoocow bored OT Supporter

lol, I saw some video on youtube of guys reloading by hitting the bullet into the cartridge with a hammer, over in teh middle east

12. hsmith

hsmith OT Supporter

I remember I was hammering on a fence in the backyard when my dad approached me. He was carrying a letter or something in his hand, and he looked worried. I continued to hammer as he came toward me. "Son," he said, "why are you hammering on that fence? It already has plenty of nails in it." "Oh, I'm not using nails," I replied. "I'm just hammering." With that, I returned to my hammering. Dad asked me to stop hammering, as he had some news. I did stop hammering, but first I got a couple more hammers in, and this seemed to make Dad mad. "I said, stop hammering!" he yelled. I think he felt bad for yelling at me, especially since it looked like he had bad news. "Look," he said, "you can hammer later, but first--" Well, I didn't even wait to hear the rest. As soon as I heard "You can hammer," that's what I started doing. Hammering away, happy as an old hammer hog. Dad tried to physically stop me from hammering by inserting a small log of some sort between my hammer and the fence. But I just kept on hammering, 'cause that's the way I am when I get that hammer going. Then, he just grabbed my arm and and made me stop. "I'm afraid I have some news for you," he said. I swear, what I did next was not hammering. I was just letting the hammer swing lazily at arm's length, and maybe it tapped the fence once or twice, but that's all. That apparently didn't make any difference whatsoever to Dad, because he just grabbed my hammer out of my hand and flung it across the field. And when I saw my hammer flying helplessly through the air like that I just couldn't take it. I burst out crying, I admit it. And I ran to the house, as fast as my legs could take me. "Son, come back!" yelled Dad. "What about your hammer?!" But I could not have cared less about hammering at that point. I ran into the house and flung myself onto my bed, pounding the bed with my fists. I pounded and pounded, until finally, behind me, I heard a voice. "As long as you're pounding, why not use this?" I turned, and it was Dad, holding a brand-new solid-gold hammer. I quickly wiped the tears from my eyes and ran to Dad's outstretched arms. But suddenly, he jumped out of the way, and I went sailing through the second-story window behind him. Whenever I hear about a kid getting in trouble with the drugs, I like to tell them this story.

13. konrad109

konrad109 New Member

:bowrofl::bowrofl::bowrofl::bowrofl: wtf

14. PUREVIL

PUREVIL More Money Than Brains Croo

Darwin should have taken care of this one.