Backing Up Mozilla e-mails, HOW?!

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by AVataRR, Mar 18, 2004.

1. AVataRR

Okay. So like, I wanna back up my e-mails but it's not as straight forward as I thought it would be. I use Mozilla Mail and I can't seem to find the e-mail files nor any information on how to do a mass backup of said files. It's kinda crap having to manually save each e-mail and doing selective saves might leave out important stuff. Help?

2. Astro

Astro Code Monkey

When you go into Moz Mail and then to mail account settings, in there I believe you can find the directory its saving the emails to. Just backup that directory and all will be good. It depends on the OS you're running, but its usually a subdirectory of where ever your personal profile stuff gets saved to. My notebook doesn't have Moz mail configured, but I've moved mail from one PC to another PC without problems. - It can be done, just have to know the directory the mail is stored in...

3. fyp619

fyp619 New Member

like astro said it is under your profiles. heres an example

C:\Documents and Settings\YOUR USER NAME\Application Data\Mozilla\Profiles\Default User\_____\Mail

that's where mine are located. it depends on how your profile in mozilla is set up also.