Backing up DVD's......image quality question.

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by joed1228, Aug 4, 2004.

1. joed1228

joed1228 New Member

If I backup one of my DVD's on a blank DVD, everything is compressed so I can fit the menu's, languages, extra features etc. If I want......can I re-burn that image to another blank DVD but remove some of the features, laungauges and menu's and logically end up back to the compression/quality of the original DVD disc that I purchased?

In short, I want to make sure I have close to 1 to 1 compression whether I have to delete everything expect for the movie and I want to know if I can work backwards with the DVD's I already backed up or if I need to start clean from the orginal DVD's.

:x:

2. cmsurfer

cmsurfer ºllllllº

You will have to start clean from the original if you want to add/remove features and extras.

When I backup DVD's I always keep the menus and extra features. I have never seen any noticable quality loss in them. Unless you have one of the new dual layer burners and the new blanks that can hold 8 gigs, you aren't going to be able to get a true 1:1 of a layer 2 DVD.

3. The Bastard

The Bastard Guest

dvdshrink

4. EvilSS

EvilSS New Member

Start with a clean DVD. You can't uncompress the video once you compress it. DVD Shrink is the easiest to use to remove features.

OR you could start using a duel-layer burner/DVD's. But they are kinda expensive right now and I haven't tried on in a DVD Player.