Back in the dirt, on 2 wheels

Discussion in 'OT Driven' started by Abeo, Jun 28, 2007.

1. Abeo

Abeo New Member

[​IMG]

I sold my XR100R back in 1996 to buy a snowmobile, and have regretted the decision since... and for some reason, it took me this long to get back into the sport.

specs: 2001 CR250R, stock and never raced, very little use... I traded my snowmobile + cash for it (since no one wanted to buy my snowmobile, so I took a bit of a hit with that :wtc:)

I love it, its a bit overwhelming to get used to the power... and it needs a quieter muffler and a flywheel weight if I'm going to trail ride it at all, but I really wanted a 2 stroke before they go extinct (and my choices were limited because of the trade, otherwise I would have got a KDX220)

now, to get rid of the 240sx and get a truck to haul this thing around :hsd:

2. nedwinkler

nedwinkler Everybody wang chung tonight!!!

Nice bike!!! I got the same exact bike. I have had mine for a few years now and love it. Just rebuilt the motor and got all new plastics for it.
    [​IMG]

3. XR250rdr

XR250rdr OT Supporter

That is one clean bike.

Any spark arrestor silencer will be a lot quieter than the stock one. :werd: on the FWW too. I'd also toss that crappy Mikuni carb for a Keihin PWK while you're at it.

4. MADGREEK

MADGREEK Bro, not a Bro, Bro, not a Bro, Bro, not a Bro, Br

i love me some two smoke here's mine

[​IMG]

cool bike, i have a 99 cr 250 as well, their fun for sure

5. Abeo

Abeo New Member

I was thinking of the FMF Q, my questions is how quiet it will actually be? My old XR100 was super quiet, so I don't expect it to be close to that.. but it would be nice to be able to zip around in my yard without having the bylaw enforcement called on me

Whats the problem with the carb? I'd rather lose a few ponies and have something easy to jet and ridable than have a finicky carb

6. XR250rdr

XR250rdr OT Supporter

It wont be nearly that quiet. Most 250s with quiet silencers are blowing low 90 dBs if its kept freshly packed. There is also a product called the dB Snorkel thats supposed to drop it another 3 to 8 dB w/o any noticible power loss. http://www.thedbsnorkel.com

Its really sensitive to weather changes. If it clouds up and cools off it will often need some adjustment. The PWK doesnt have that problem and you wont lose power with it either.