MIL Back from basic

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by burn__, Sep 30, 2009.

1. burn__

burn__ New Member

Graduated last thursday from basic at Ft. Knox. Sitting in HHC at Ft Benning on my lunch break now waiting for the next OCS class to start. Ft Knox held me in reception too long and i ended up missing my initial OCS class date because of it. :hsd:

All i can say about knox is fuck heartbreak. no road with that grade ever has a purpose. :rofl:

Good to be back and have internet access though. oh how i missed it!

2. Cobra Commander

Cobra Commander OT Supporter

3. Burrito10

Burrito10 New Member

hey welcome back man, was it a hard knox life for you? :hsugh:

4. ustfdes

ustfdes LPC ID: 20394

I Graduated from E co. 1/81 on July 1, 2004. That place is insane. What's your MOS?

I was there for OSUT (One Station Unit Training,) and that meant 6 months with the same drill sergeants that broke us in, it was like basic the entire way through.

Congrats!

5. kazimer

kazimer New Member

congrats
    good luck at OCS.

do you know what you will be branched? jump at any chance for extra schools. TRADOC sucks and you will ahve the urge to want to get out to your unit. Fight this for as long as possible. many of these schools most likely won't be available to you at any other time in your career

unless you decide to go SF later on :o

6. mikdavi84

mikdavi84 OT Supporter

congrat....basic was the most fun I had during my time

7. snoodles

snoodles New Member

grats and good luck.

8. burn__

burn__ New Member

Wont know branching until week 7 of OCS. It's all OML based and the initial PT test on day 2 is about 60% of that ranking.

The only thing that knox really kicked my ass on was the 15k that went past FOB Professional, up heartbreak, then on for another 5k up all of those damn inclines behind the grenade range. i rolled my ankle going up heartbreak, fell hard, and the drill sgt's were screaming at everyone not to help me up because if i wanted it bad enough id get up on my own :rofl: having former marine corp DS's kind of sucked.

and holding company at OCS is a damn joke. We get to eat whatever we want (cookies, icecream, etc), run 4.5 three times a week at a 10min mile pace :ugh:, and do "cardio" PT on the off days that rarely makes anyone break a sweat. Right now theres a group of people watching Kill Bill on the 42" flatscreen they have on the wall here. It's suppose to be a recovery environment but its pure bullshit :rofl: And we get to recut the grass in the battalion area...again...tomorrow. It was mowed yesterday...

9. burn__

burn__ New Member

when i was there i thought i was having a terrible time. but now that i look at it, some of the shit we did as a platoon was incredibly fun!

10. kazimer

kazimer New Member

ah welcome to the new OCS
    i remember the culture shock of leaving BCT and heading to OCS. the freedoms that we enjoyed were nothing like your lol. i had a weekend pass and then classed up that monday.

back then OCS was just BCT on crack, nothing like it is today. at least you still have to wear the ascots :squint:

what company will you be in? I was alphatraz :ugh:

11. burn__

burn__ New Member

those ascots make everyone look like a pretentious douche bag, i really dont like the way they look. :mamoru:

I'll be classing up with Delta on the 13th barring any mishap.

12. ethannv

ethannv :fawk: OT Supporter

heartbreak is overrated :o misery and agony was worse for me :o

13. Phionoxx

Phionoxx OT Supporter

Congrats man! I remember doing misery and agony, but never got the chance to do heartbreak. This was for LTC though, nothing like basic I imagine.