MIL back at basic training (11b osut)

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by willijdub, May 4, 2008.

1. willijdub

willijdub New Member

So here I am at Ft. Benning, I was inserted into week 7 of 11B osut (as part of my 18X training) it is now week 8, prior service get a couple privelidges, like this sunday pass, but outside of that get treated like a private (if e-4 and below) the nco's get theor own seperate room< dont get smoked< retain their cell phones and get pass each night after dinner chow. Fuckers. Being a prior service combat vet doesnt count for much here, i have to live in the bay with all the privates, (11B privates are fucking retarded idiots) I'm a squad leader, I get smoked all the time because one of the drill sgt.'s was psyop and so he arbitrarily smokes me, and the other drill sgt was S.F. and since im 18X he smokes me..... GRRR! fuck! they even took my civilian underwear like im a basic trainee again... :wtc: i hate tighty brownies.
    anyways, at least i get pass on sundays, and my cell phone back, i had privates asking me to use my phone< offering $30-50 bucks for 5 minutes...lol. Hell no you cant use my phone. 1. im not getting fucked up for diong so, and 2. i didnt get to make many calls at basic either. I graduate june 20th, thenb it is on to airborne school. i cant wait to get out of this shit. I would truly rather be in Iraq. well, thats my bitch session for now. ill get on when i can. and to those interested, im in F Co. 1-19 Inf. training brigade.

2. Asherman

Asherman New Member

Sorry to hear they're hassling you, but you know how the Army is. It'll be over soon, and you can get back to your career. In the meantime, you might wise up the new kids just a tiny bit and that might save their worthless lives later. Shuck, having you around might even make them into soldiers.

Glad you are able to post. Many of us here are following your career with interest.

3. GiRaff3

GiRaff3 New Member

hang in there...

I miss Benning...

4. JSin

JSin New Member

I miss the days in basic where I could sell my desert for $5-20.

5. brackac

brackac Fuck all of this. OT Supporter

God bless Tradoc.

6. Ranger-AO

Ranger-AO I'm here for the Taliban party. Moderator

wow. you have it better than I did when I went to Warrior Transition Course. We were all prior service, mostly E4-E6, and our drill sgts LOVED to smoke the dogshit out of us as often as possible. We had one that would walk through the bay growling "Who am I going to break today? Is it going to be you? Or maybe I'll break you... No - today it's YOUR turn to break!" And he would proceed to make some miserable slob's life a living hell. He eventually got demoted to "sidewalk Drill Sgt" (reception) because so many of us were getting injured on his watch.

We got smoked on our way to our graduation ceremony, "just for old times sake". :ugh2:

7. fooj

fooj OT Supporter

Are your drills names Lehman and Boyce by any chance?

8. gtcrispy

gtcrispy New Member

have fun.... :)

9. willijdub

willijdub New Member

i have heard about the W.T.C. and how much it sucks and is a waste of time. My drills names are Kalahiki, Jackson, and the sr. drill is Watkins(used to be psyop). . .

so i have finished 2 weeks here now, all of my platoon respects me. There are only two other combat vets in the platoon, and one was an engineer, the other a cook. as for trying to get these kids to be soldiers, that is a long way in the comeing, the guys in my platoon are all like street rats or delinquints in one way or another, but they give me respect, and i earn it, not demand it. ( i have to every now and then, but for the most part they listen) They really do need direction though, they are gung ho infantry t say the least, but they are not disciplined to stay out of jail. They ask me a ton of questions about iraq, war, and such. i give it to them straight,but offer advise on surviving, and just makeing it through the days.

Yesterday, one guy axed the PG's knee with an e tool. He now has permanent nerve damage, and like 6 months of rehab. The PG was one of only a couple thgat are high speed. he has a 300 p.t. score, airborne school, and ranger option... well, not any more. his leg is fucked. what is really messesd up is that he was attacked for no reason. the guy that axed his leg was serioyusly just crazy. He was that uber quiet guy ya know? and then yesterday he just snapped... axed the PG's leg with an e tool and then took off running, throwing rocks he had placed in his pockets as he ran. it was premeditated as a motherfucker, but with no motive, the PG was a really good guy.

While all that was going on i was in central Alabama, i was put in charge of a funeral detail. some LT. Col. that was old as fuck and dying of disease offed himself. The casket weighed a good 300 lbs. The humidity was ridiculous too. Class A's in the humid Alabama heat=super sweat. We did the 21 gun salute and folded the flag as well. It was a welcome reprieve, we got to stop at hardees and eat lunch and chrch's chicken for dinner.

As for selling the privates stuff... i had offers of $15 for a bag of m&m's, $20 to use my cell phone for 2 minutes, etc... lol. these kids dont even know the suck that lies ahead in iraq as far as not haveing stuff. if they are licky thell get stationed in baghdad, then thell have some amenities. most of them will be deployed within 3-6 months of graduating here.
    well, thats all i got this week, might be back on later today, probably not though. ill keep updateing as possible. this is the last week for "basic training" we get the 36 hour pass next fri-sat. then starts the AIT portion of osut. talk to you all next weekend. Peace.

10. Ranger-AO

Ranger-AO I'm here for the Taliban party. Moderator

I would take Anaconda over Liberty any day of the week. Except for the whole uber-Garrison shit, that is. :hsugh:

11. bonker77

bonker77 New Member

wait, what?

what prior service do you have? why are you in basic training again?

12. Gaunt

Gaunt blood for the blood god OT Supporter

if you want to reclass as infantry you need to go to infantry basic even if you have done the other basic courses before.

13. gtcrispy

gtcrispy New Member

Nope, no slack. He gets slack because he is prior service though.

14. Maffy29

Maffy29 Active Member

Yeah, Benning is a good time. I'd go back.

15. RibeyeAndScotch

RibeyeAndScotch OT Supporter

yep.

You get treated like a maggot for 14 whole weeks. Then on the very last day you get to shoot the shit with them and never see them again.

16. bonker77

bonker77 New Member

army, lol

17. willijdub

willijdub New Member

alright, another week down. Just had a 36 hour pass friday and saturday.(mid-cycle "family pass")This week starting tomorrow we will be doing fire team live fire lanes and room clearing. The week after is more of the same. then the ftx. . . so far there has been nothing I've learned here. doubt that will change. any ways, I will post on here next week. probably wont have much to say, but eh, i have nothing else to do.

18. RibeyeAndScotch

RibeyeAndScotch OT Supporter

they leave it to your unit to all the learning. At basic they just wanna fuck with your mind.

19. The Militant

The Militant THE FUTURE

10$ fig newtons, 15$ nutrigrains and 20+$ mre m&m's