GUN Baby Eagle .40 v. anybodymakeaftermarketgrips

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by bader3245, Apr 11, 2009.

1. bader3245

bader3245 New Member

I have a Baby Eagle .40 compact which I really like. Would like to put a different set of grips and do a little bit of trigger work to crisp it up a bit.

Does anyone know of somebody or somewhere to get these said things. Google fails me.

2. nosaj

nosaj OT Supporter

Wirelessly posted via wap.offtopic.com (Mozilla/4.1 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; ) 400x240 LGE VX10000)

I have a mountain .22, plastic clips so it jams like nobodys business. derty ass LR rounds.

3. phrozenlikwid

phrozenlikwid New Member

I *think* that they would use the same grips as the CZ compacts (compact, PCR, P-01), being as they are a CZ/Tanfoglio pattern gun. Check CZForumsite.info and browse the clones section. If you can't find what you need there, you might/could try hitting up the two big CZ grip makers - Omega and Hakken Pek. They might have some answers for you.

As for a trigger job... I dunno. I haven't seen one of those worked over, and I'm not aware of anyone advertising such services. I'm wanting to say that those are Tanfoglio clones, but use some strange shit on them (slide mounted saftey, for example) and I dunno about parts interchangability. Once again, some of the guys over at CZF would be the ones to ask such things.

4. phrozenlikwid

phrozenlikwid New Member

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Drinking start early for you?

5. jls

jls New Member

:mamoru:

6. imperial

imperial Lurker | Gun | STI Crew OT Supporter

You see, the problem is the OP shot my 75 compact yesterday..............

and now hes hooked.

7. bader3245

bader3245 New Member

QTF...It was good fo sho, but still like the looks of the BE betta. Just want to crisp it up a bit. Not like it is bad, but improvements are always good!

8. phrozenlikwid

phrozenlikwid New Member

Well, you yourself could certainly do some things to probably help out the trigger if you were so inclined. I'd start by looking at the DIY trigger job threads on CZF. I'm not sure what all interchanges/is the same in regards to the BE and the CZ platforms, but some of it (like the polishing of mating surfaces) should be the same.

From my experience, getting a smooth DA pull really just requires changing the factory mainspring to a lighter one, getting rid of the FPB, and polishing the fuck out of everything. For the SA "break", things can get a little trickier. Everyone pretty much uses the Angus comp hammer with CZ's, as it changes the geometry of the fire-control-group and pretty much gives you 8/10's of your clean SA break outta the box. Unfortunately, I have no idea whether or not this part would work for you gun. If it doesn't, the other option is to cut on the factory hammer to replicate the Angus piece, but I've never done that personally. Might call up Stuart again on that one.

Either way, a changing of springs (also check on the recoil spring), and some judicious polishing could possibly do wonders depending on the finish quality on the interior of your gun (CZ's are kinda rough here, in that regard). That's where I'd start, anyways.