A&P Babtism shoot

Discussion in 'Lifestyle' started by Girth, Dec 31, 2008.

1. Girth

Girth ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ OT Supporter

I just got asked how much I would charge to do a baptism... I have no clue!!! any ideas? :dunno:

2. yexy

yexy New Member

Treat it like engagement shots...and then knock the price down a little more. :wiggle:

3. Sympathy

Sympathy OT Supporter

is it a christian or catholic one? catholic ones tend me be longer, unless they do it assembly line style. :o

4. tenplanescrashing

tenplanescrashing Active Member

Get more information about it...i did my cousin's and it was in a church where I wasn't able to use a flash or be able to stand near the actual ceremony. I had to stand back far enough to where I would only be able to use a telephoto and shoot at f/2.8.

5. Girth

Girth ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ OT Supporter

Not a bad idea.

I think its catholic, and my wife made the invites for it. But the girl thats inviting us is a HS friend of my wife and the preacher is their family friend. I just got asked the question tonight... but I have until Feb 21st for it.

I told her to get me some info... so we'll see. I know catholic churches have a ton of restrictions, so I'm wanting to know what I want to bring when I do it.

6. Gvidon

Gvidon New Member

Is it the whole thing? Like Park/Church/Hall?

7. gtcrispy

gtcrispy New Member

I've seen many Catholic Baptisms. The ones i've seen typically spend a few minutes at the beginning of Mass with family at the back of the church followed by the actual baptism which takes maybe 10mins. The overall service is probably 50-70minutes. There's never been a problem with someone going up and taking pictures. They certainly don't bring any off camera equipment though.