B4 Audi s4... v.road racing/DD

Discussion in 'OT Driven' started by xxblakersxx, Oct 7, 2005.

1. xxblakersxx

xxblakersxx The only verdict is vengeance.

There is a 1993 Audi S4 for sale within 3 miles of my house. It has 82,000 miles, and the owner wants 9500 obo. I need something that i can daily drive to work with, but i'd also like to get into road racing and maybe some solo II. Are these good cars for that? Ive heard good things about the 20v turbo 5 engine, whats the handling like on this car? Does it seem like a good deal?

2. Volkl

Volkl New Member

As much as I like Audi, I think this would be a bad idea. Having a daily driver as a race car as well is a bad idea IMO.

3. Bassheadjazz03

Bassheadjazz03 OT Supporter

Great car. Fast. Not many people know what it is :coold:...BUT

- Daily driver + some good mods = :bigthumb:
    - Daily driver + SOLO II + good mods = :nono:

Remember its a turbo, and its also 13 years old. Unless you have money to spend on fixing a motor that you're beating up on, I would drive that daily ONLY, the find yourself an Audi 80 or 90 quattro. Just as much fun -the turbo, and a little more realiable.

4. conduit

conduit sup

I have heard of this Audi quattro on a tv show "Ultimate..." and i really liked it, do you any sites that provide information on this model?

The reason i ask is, because i want to start going to a track and learning how to handle a car better, especially at high speeds, wondering if this is a good car.

If you know of any other cars i should be looking at, please do tell.

Last edited: Oct 12, 2005