A&P B&H vshippingtoalternateaddress

Discussion in 'Lifestyle' started by asdfbunk, May 22, 2009.

1. asdfbunk

asdfbunk A Member OT Supporter

Made my first B&H purchase yesterday, 430EX II @ 240USD (after everything it's about $7 cheaper than what people want for it here, USED). Didn't want to pay UPS $11ty in brokerage fees so I had it shipped to a postal forwarder (www.thelettercarrier.com) that a lot of locals use.

Verification office called today and made a fuss about how the zip (of the post office I'm assuming) doesn't match the one on my CC (well duh) and something about directory listed phone numbers. Took about 30 minutes and the guy seemed very impatient with me :rofl: Said it should be fine, he'll call back if there are any issues.

Anyone ever do something similar (ship to alternate address?). Problem is I need it there before June (chose faster shipping to accommodate too) and if there are any more hiccups, it might not make it :noes:

iballthatshit

cliffs

B&H makes fuss about shipping/billing not matching, says it's ok and will call back if there are issues. Input?

2. alexromo

alexromo New Member

nope 11 bucks isnt usually worth the trouble you are about to go through

3. Girth

Girth ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ OT Supporter

every order I've had from them has been shipped to an alternate address w/ my name on it. I don't see what the fuss is. :dunno:

4. asdfbunk

not 11 bucks, taxes on this thing will be about $30, meaning UPS will charge twice that to be my broker.

5. asdfbunk

I guess the fact that this place isn't listed as an alternate address on my CC :o

6. Girth

Girth ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ OT Supporter

mine isn't either... I don't have alternate addresses on any of my accts, CCs or bank accounts. I send it to a business, maybe thats the difference.

7. asdfbunk

well he isn't calling back so i think it's all good :x: can't wait to mess with this thing

8. alexromo

alexromo New Member

why do you have a broker?

9. asdfbunk

please stop responding

j/k bro

broker just means they pay the taxes for me upon crossing the border, then charge me a hefty "brokerage" fee for this "service"

10. Jonny Chimpo

Jonny Chimpo OT Supporter

B&H shipping sucks the puss out of dead horse testicles.

Seriously, they ALWAYS have some bullshit reason to fuck up your order or delay it. I've ordered items to ship from them 11 times and every single shipment has been a problem. :ugh:

11. asdfbunk

Maybe they pocket the money you paid for express shipping and actually send it out on day 1 :mamoru:

12. vwpilot

vwpilot New Member

never had an issue with B&H. Every time I order its out almost same day and to my door quickly.

They generally do want something to verify addresses when it doesnt match a CC. I've had to deal with that before, but its usually with fairly sizable orders that are well into the 4 figures.

13. asdfbunk

Makes sense, I'm not really complaining, not a big deal. I was just really put off by the fucking comment he gave me at the end :rofl: If it doesn't come before June I'm fucked as I'll need to wait months (who knows what this place charges to hold it that long) to get my passport.

14. alexromo

alexromo New Member

oooo ok

i didnt know he was international