GUN AZ Crew - Carrying in a car?

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by jeri534, Nov 6, 2006.

1. jeri534

jeri534 OT Supporter

Whats the law for carrying in a car if you dont have a CCW? Must be holster and be able to be seen?

2. TwoGuns

TwoGuns Medical Crew

From what I read last, it can be in the glove box, center console, plain sight, but NOT under your front seat. I might be wrong about some of those, or it might've changed, but usually when I'm out in AZ I'm either riding with a holstered open carry, or it's in the glove box.

And I've heard it changes when you drive into a reservation, so be wary of that.

3. Gimik

Gimik New Member

You can have it pretty much anywhere in the car as long as it's in a holster and not up on the dashboard. It doesn't have to be unchambered.

One of my brothers was just bitching at me about this yesterday - he pulled a guy over with a handgun in a holster tucked under his front seat and the kid wouldn't tell him it was there (they asked him 4 times if he had a weapon in the car) - they didn't find it until the search. He was bitching cuz they couldn't do a thing to him because it was in a holster.

and yes, on a rez, you have to have permission from the tribe to carry a gun at all - your CCW is completely worthless there. You can purchase a permit to carry from the tribe though.

4. Razardica

Razardica Active Member

It can be condition zero for all they care, just as long as it's holster or in a case, and not loose.

When I get pulled over, I stick both hands out the window over the side and wait for the LEO to approach and inform him I have a weapon.

5. Gimik

Gimik New Member

I just keep my hands on the wheel and inform him when he gets to the car. I know you don't HAVE to in AZ, but someone making a mistake in that kind of situation can end lives pretty quickly, and I'd just rather be up front with it.

And both my brothers get PISSED if you have a gun and you don't inform them.