SRS Aye...I miss my ex....

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Dorn, Feb 28, 2005.

1. Dorn

Dorn New Member

My buddy and I were out eating the other night, and something that was said made me start thinking my ex-girlfriend. I looked at him and said "Why the hell did I break up with her?" This wasn't just a one time thought either, I've thought about it before, just never said anything to anyone I know in person.

I didn't realize how good I had it until I was with another girl. The way things went down with my ex was this: We started our second relationship in July of 2003, "broke up" in November, but we still were together all the time like we were a couple. So I guess we essentially were a couple. In March of 2004, I met this other girl, she met this other guy. However, she still really liked me, and I started to really like the other girl. I started hanging out with the other girl a lot, she started hanging out with the guy a little bit, then she found out about me and the other girl. So, things ended with a huge fight over the phone.

I didn't miss her or anything until about three months into my relationship with the other girl. At that point, I started realizing just how much I was missing. My ex treated me so incredibly good, was always there for me. She would do anything and everything for me without me asking. To be quick and to the point, she treated me like gold. She treated me far, far better than the other girl, and I really missed it.

Most of all, I missed all the little things she did for me that I took for granted. I missed getting up in the morning and having a text message from her just saying hi, I missed her just showing up at my house just for a few minutes so she could see me. There were a lot of things that she did that I took for granted, and at the time got annoyed by. However, looking back, I really started missing all of it.

When I started thinking about everything, my relationship with the other girl started to take a shit. Things turned downhill, we started fighting more, and I just flat out didn't have fun with her anymore. Looking back now, I honestly think that things took a turn for the worse because I started thinking about my ex, and kind of compared that relationship to the one I was in at the time.

So, I broke up with the other girl back in early December, and have been kind of thinking about my ex since then. As far as I know, she's still in a relationship with the guy I mentioned before. And I'm guessing it's going on to about a year now. However, I'm not even sure if I would want to get back together with her. Things failed twice, so my thinking is it sure as hell wouldn't work a third time. However, on the flip side, I know what I did wrong back then, I know I was extremely selfish in a lot of things, and I just screwed up, and I wouldn't do it this time. But, it's all a moot point if she's still with her boyfriend.

My buddy said I should call her up one day and see how she's doing. Honestly though, I'm not so sure I would want to do that. I'm not sure if I really want to hear her voice right now because I would get depressed about the whole thing. The last time I talked to her on the phone back in September (I was still with the other girl at this time), I got off the phone and cried a little bit because I missed all of it. I have the feeling the same thing would happen now. I've thrown around the idea of sending her an email, but I really don't know what I would say, and I don't really want to throw everything out there at once to her, if at all. I do want to talk to her again though, and I think IMing her would be the best.

However, I don't even know if talking to her right now is a good thing to do. I have the feeling if I find out she's single again I'll be consumed with wanting to start something up again. However, if I found out she's still with the other guy, it might hurt me. But on the flip side, I was thinking last night, maybe seeing/hearing her say that she's still with him will help me. Maybe I'll realize that there's no way I'd get back together with her at this point in time, I can shut the book on the whole thing, try and completely forget about her, and move on to another girl. I don't really know though.

This fucking sucks. I hate this feeling.

2. laracroft

laracroft teh croft

That sucks. Sometimes you don't realize how lucky you had it in the first place. Happens to the best of us.
    Sounds like you need some type of closure on the situation regardless. Mebbe give her a call?

3. JordanClarkson

JordanClarkson OT Supporter

It's easy to remember the good things that happened, but you can't ignore the negatives. Like you said, it failed twice. Even if it was your fault, it is hard as hell to change yourself while being with someone who you're used to being your old self with. If you want to better yourself it may be better to start with someone new. Don't worry too much about missing her. Everyone misses their ex. I despise my ex but sometimes I do miss her too. However, everytime we get together it's always the same shit and I can't even break out of my mould with her. I'm doing much better in my new relationship. I learned a lot in my time with my ex but she is not the one. Sometimes you just can't be your best with certain people

4. kodiak

kodiak Member

I know exactly what you are feeling. I hadnt talked to my ex in quite some time, and she called out of the blue last night. Ended up taking on the phone for about an hour.... It brought back a lot the feelings that I had for her.

I have also come to the realization that looking back on the relationship that we had that I was immature with her. The phone call seems to have got the idea back in my head that maybe we should try a relationship again....who knows...

5. Dorn

Dorn New Member

Well, funny how things work.

As I was getting ready to leave for work, my manager asks me if I talked to her today. I looked at her confused. I guess she came into work today, and brought her boyfriend. So, she still does have the boyfriend, which I think does help me a little bit. Maybe. I didn't even know she was there though. I guess I walked right by them, and I guess my manager said my name, but I didn't hear her. Weird.

6. hdiddy3000

hdiddy3000 OT Supporter

i say jus go for it man and call her and let her know how ur feeling. sure if she says that shes doin good in her cuurent relationship itll hurt u but u should at least feel good about the fact that u gave a try to make things work again. also if u knew that u were the 1 who messed up in the furst place u should be happy 4 her if shes happy in her current relationship. afterall if she treated u so good b4 u should figure that she deserves this good treatment from her current boyfriend. all im sayin is u should give it a try and of course if u get let down ull be very down for a certain amount of time but when its all over im sure ull feel much better than if u never tried at all. hope i could have shed some light on ur situation.

7. Britney Spears

Britney Spears New Member

Beverly Hillz, California *~ I LOVE FANMAIL! ~* Je
    Classic example of being stuck between a rock and a hard place.

I bet you want the best of both worlds.

8. Darketernal

Darketernal Watch: Aria The Origination =)

The only thing you can do for a lost ex-gf is to replace her with a new-gf. Go that way.