SRS awful job situation

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by letitgo, Sep 9, 2005.

1. letitgo

letitgo New Member

I work at this really crappy job, paid by the hour with an inhumane schedule. ill be away from home like 13 hours a day (from commute + work + ot) and i absolutely hate it. i hate the field. i hate have only 2 hours a day to do anything and im so exhausted by the job at the end of the day i cant do anything.

i hate being a quitter but when i have NO balance between work + life, then it gets to me.

i dont want to fucking go back there tomorrow. my parents are supportive and they agree the job sucks and its only temporary until i find a better one, one that i can base a career off of.

ive been job searching while working at my current job and my original plan was to abandon that job as soon as i found the new job. now i just want to abandon the current and focus on finding a job. money isnt an issue since i live at home and dont really have any bills paid (plus i have al lthe money i earned from working). i just fucking hate the job, i have to fight myself from turning around everytime i reach the parking lot.

2. letitgo

letitgo New Member

But my main concern, is that am i just being a little picky?

do most people work shitty jobs just "to make a living/earn a wage?"

i used to dream so much but now the future just looks so bleak. i dont want to slave away ..

3. Darketernal

Darketernal Watch: Aria The Origination =)

Tomorrow when you goto your job ask your manager to have a 5 minute talk to you. When in the office say to him that you have decided to choose another direction in your life and that you would like to end your contract at any given date that is suitable for you. That evening you go away you will have a new life to look forward to.

The thing is when you goto your job unhappy you are doing something wrong in your life. You don't have to act all proud or anything , most jobs suck so much that they belong in hell. Although i don't want to be too negative , some of them do qualify for that. Anyway get your ass back on the job market and get a job that doesn't lie as far away as in Japan for commute time so to speak , and something that more or less appeals to you. Every job gives you misery its just a measure of finding a lesser demonical area.

4. the slowness

the slowness OT Supporter

great post.I have to agree with you when you say alot of jobs really do blow.I'd say just stick with your job till you find a new one.It's easier to keep a job than get a new one.

5. teo

teo . => ? => !

That depends. Yes, people will work shitty jobs, but only because they believe they don't have any other options, or don't believe in their abilities to pursue those other options. You know you can get another job. If you have nothing to lose (and consider that carefully), then quit. Or, try to negotiate better terms.

6. BoypussY

BoypussY game over.

is this an IT/programming-related job? just curious.

7. NautaNutter

NautaNutter New Member

no job is worth a crapload of stress on your brain IMO

8. Cerridwen

Cerridwen Guest

Haven't read the rest of the thread yet so forgive me if this has been said.
    Yes a lot of people WILL work shitty jobs just to make ends meet. It doesn't matter where the money comes from (as long as it's legal of course for most) if it pays the mortgage than it's okay.
    Hopefully though, those people are also doing something to get out of those crappy jobs.
    My husband was let go last year before Christmas. He got a halfway decent paying job (enough to pay the bills), but absolutely hated it. He worked there for a week before we decided it would be best for him not to go back at all. We would find some other way to pay the bills (which we did). Best decision ever. I'd rather have a happy husband and barely enough money than a miserable husband who didn't have to worry about the bills.
    so basicaly it's a 'horse a piece' imo.

9. dave steel

dave steel My Kung Fu is the best.

Stay with this job until you get another one. (don't be so quick to bail, get some fortitude.) You stand a better chance of getting a job while you're employed then unemployed. Buck-up.

10. BradUF

BradUF Guest

I hate my job to but it pays more then most people make my age make. Its not hard labor and it has good hours. What I am thinking of doing is making a list of what I want out of a job and not what a job wants out of me. Its just a god damn corparate job and it has that feel. You can get written up for stuff and suspended. Also I dont feel like I take control of my job and I will never be in line for any promotions.

11. scaryice

scaryice New Member

Most people whose lives suck.

Don't be one of those people. If money's not a concern, then do something fun. When you're old and dying, will you look back and wished you would have made more money, or done what you really want to do?

12. shankems2000

shankems2000 If you read everybody's user text and location, yo

Stick it out until you find a new job. I made the mistake of quitting one job before I found another job once when I was really young (16) and what that resulted in was my being unemployed for 2 years.

Is the pay half decent? (10/hr + imo) If it is, just stick with it but if it isn't then it's time to find something new, but don't quit until you've found that 'something' or else you'll probably end up regretting it.

I know you hate your current job and want to quit, but what if you quit and your job search turns up empty and your savings eventually run out? What then?

You have to really think about all of the consequences before making a rash move like that.