Aw hell...

Discussion in 'OT Driven' started by THT, Aug 26, 2006.

1. THT

THT The easy way is always mined

I picked up my VQ35 today and all was going well until I got home. I opened the rear hatch, undid the securing straps, turned around and walked into the garage, only to hear a loud THWACK soon thereafter. I turned around and to my horror, my engine had fallen out of the rear hatch and landed on the front valve cover. Upon visual inspection, I found that the VC cracked/shattered by the rightmost cylinder (flywheel side), the front O2 sensor connector cracked in half, and the gold "thing" (my technical vernacular is a bit lacking) by the leftmost cylinder (pulley side) popped out. So, what else do I need to look for or inspect?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. nwmrkt

nwmrkt New Member

Aw hell...hope everything works out.
    Swapping into a 4th gen?

3. THT

Yep...and a bunch of other goodies too...

4. THT

Tearing it down to inspect further. The VC took the majority of the impact...I'm hoping that was the worst of it.

5. Priest Tango

Priest Tango Custom User Tits

:rofl: i did the same thing to my SR20 :rofl: untied it from the trunk, walk away, run back after i hear "KLUNNNNK" the TPS is the only thing that took a beating :wiggle: just the connecter

6. THT

Mine took a three foot fall...how bad was yours? Another 4th gen owner who did this swap accidentally allowed his 3.5 to roll down a flight of stairs and hit a concrete landing...his rear bank is all fucked up now (spurting oil) and he discovered the problem after he installed the motor.

7. Priest Tango

Priest Tango Custom User Tits

fell outta the trunk of a 05 altima :o im surprised i didnt lose it on the 15 miles trip home. it was tied with an old seatbealt to the seatbelt of the alti....it was a impulse buy, so i didnt plan on getting it home that night