GUN AW ban....

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Jefferson Darcy, Mar 2, 2004.

1. Jefferson Darcy

Jefferson Darcy Ol' shit chest

I just read that the cockblowers in the senate allowed the AW ban extension added to the bill that prohibits lawsuits agaist gun makers (s.1805)

but the whole thing was just voted down...

wtf is going on?

2. picabu

picabu I like pie

Dems loaded the bill up with so many BS amendments to make the bill unattractive to most Republicans. Basically a draw between us and the antis. We have a good chance of the AWB sunsetting, the antis still get to file frivilous lawsuits against gunmakers. 10 Republicans voted for the AWB amendment, hope many people don't forget these 10 come reelection time.

3. Joe_Cool

Joe_Cool Never trust a woman or a government. Moderator

The Protection of Lawful Commerce in Arms Act was going to pass. Stuffing it full of anti-gun amendments was their way of forcing the republicans to kill it.

I predict we'll see the gun ban extension amendment tacked onto every bill the democrats don't like that comes up for vote this year.

4. Jefferson Darcy

:bigthumb:

I'm building my New AR either way. Antis and their federal laws can suck my dick. I'm exempted from state laws :)

5. Ichabod Crane

Ichabod Crane Active Member

6. RRTX

RRTX New Member

I just heard that the bill was killed on the news, so no protection from lawsuits for the gun makers :wtc: , but also no extension on the AWB :bowdown:

7. GunShow

GunShow You had best unfuck yourself

194 more days till I can order my collapsable stock and flash hider :eek3:

8. Jefferson Darcy

you can order it now, u just cant put it on ;)

9. Furner

Furner New Member

ah ever heard of intent to build?? dont order all the parts to build an "assault weapon" on a post ban reciever, throw it all in a box, and wait for the ban to sunset, as the BATFE has ruled that possesion of all the parts to assemble an illegal weapon is the same as having an illegal weapon. You can order parts to swap out on your AR, but I would suggest keeping them at someone elses house, someone that dosnt own at AR. You dont want the ATF to have to use their creativity to call you a criminal.....

10. Jefferson Darcy

Yea, I know they can do that, but in all reality, do you think the ATF knows what you have?

I have not heard of one otherwise legal gun owner being charged for building an illegal "assault weapon" let alone for having the parts to do so.

The ATF doesnt just do random house inspections (tho I'm sure the schumers and bradys and swinecunts would like that). They investigate FFL holders for illegal shit, and illegal gun dealers. So, unless you're building and selling illegal "AW's" or walking down the street with one openly, or the local police are working with the feds because you are runing some kind of drug/gun operation, you should be fine.

I would say you'd be pretty safe even with it assembled (illegal assault weapon :eek3: ). Unless you closely inslect the markings on the lower reciever, its impossible to tell a Pre-ban lower from a post ban lower.

I wonder how many people have "illegal (but soon to be legal) assault weapons"?

Same thing with all stupid laws. If you are breaking them but are not making a business of it, or you are not invloved in bigger criminal activities, you'll be fine. How many people grow marijuana fro their personal use using seeds bought from canada, and grow lights and all that other shit? How many people grow mushrooms using myco bags and spor syringes (both legal BTW)? Who knows? but the only ones who get in trouble are the ones who are growing large amounts and selling it.

needless to say, tho its my job to enforce the law, I have VERY little respect for the people who make them, and very little respect for laws that while very anti-freedom, do nothing to make this country a better place (actually they make it a worse place)

11. spyder007

spyder007 Bаnned bу Ѕuреr Μоdеrаtоrs

12. GunShow

GunShow You had best unfuck yourself

I have a pre-ban Colt and whose to say the parts aren't for that rifle ;)

13. Jefferson Darcy

spyder007/imacop/whateveryourecallingyourselfthisweek, IIRC you have some cool full auto stuff too... howd you go about getting that? I remember something about haveing a chief sign. That would NEVER happen in my dept :sad2:

14. Car54

Car54 Member

I'm involved in law enforcement with the DHS, this is bullshit. This ban has done nothing for anybody.. the local store still has all the preban goodies. I WILL break the law if it doesnt disappear.

Anybody who claims the ban has killed crime needs to look at the DC sniper thing.. yeah, it sure did stop them.

Its not about gun control, its about CONTROL period. What happened to the USA and our rights? We're no longer "free." We are still allowed some of the illusion of "freedom." An unarmed population is only as "free" as the government allows it to be.

15. Joe_Cool

Bravo. Like I've said all along, gun control ("victim disarmament" is more accurate) is never about crime - it's always about consolidation of power.

16. Jefferson Darcy

:werd:
    This hasnt been anything close to a free country since the early 20th century. Think about it. You are forced to give at least a third of your hard earned money to the government, and have no say in what they do with it (face it voting is a scam when only people from a 2 party, - or should I say 2 branches of the same party - ruling class ever get elected). You can be thrown in federal prison for your gardening choices and the governent is incrementally trying to disarm you.

as for the ban, its retarded. Obviously a ban on cosmetic features is not going to solve anything. In all reality, its symbolic for both sides. I dont think anyone has ever been arrested for posessing an "assault weapon", so obviously it has nothing to do with crime, but it shows that the antis can take away our rights. On the other hand, if it sunsets, which it looks like it will, its symbolic for us, meaning all americans, not just gun owners, because this is the first time in a long time, probably since the repeal of prohibition, that we have regained a lost freedom (even if it only means we can build a proper AR-15).

Anyway, as a freedom loving American, and a police officer who sees no point in this stupid law, I encourage you to break it if it is extended. I will be doing the same.

17. Jago

Jago It helps if you hit it.

what do you guys think the reprecussions of having the lawful commerce in arms act defeated is going to cause? should we expect a change from manufaturers in the way they market, distribute, and manufacture them?

18. Jefferson Darcy

I wouldnt think so, NOT passing a law doesnt usually change things, passing one does.

most of these lawsuits get shot down it court anyway.

19. Joe_Cool

It will come up again (probably not until next session), and it will eventually pass. Either that or the anti-gun idiots will finally get it through their thick skulls that the company who manufactured a gun bears no responsibility for the actions of a criminal in possession of that gun.

20. Jefferson Darcy

what will pass? The lawsuit thing or the AW ban?

I dont think antis are ever gona get anythig thru their thick skulls :sad2:

21. Joe_Cool

The lawsuit thing. It's common sense that it's not Glock's fault if I shoot somebody. Nobody with even half a brain can really believe that they're responsible, once they think about it. Obviously it's just a weak attempt to litigate where they can't legislate - they can't legally ban these companies from doing business, so they are trying to make it too expensive by filing lawsuit after lawsuit.

The thing is, it's too transparent. The protection law will eventually go through. Even the stupid public can see bullshit when it's caked on thick enough.

22. Jefferson Darcy

:werd: the antis know they cant win these lawsuits, but they can use them to fuck with the industry.

its retarded. How are you gonna sue a legal industry for criminals using their products illegally?

23. Jago

Jago It helps if you hit it.

don't underestimate the stupidity of the general public. :hs:

24. mrbill

mrbill New Member

don't bet on it. a good portion of the anti's are so rabid that rational thought escapes them. they will continually refuse to even consider the facts. they are so bent on having their way, that they will do "whatever it takes", regardless of facts and logic. the stupid public believes what the media,which we all know is biased, tells them because they are...well..stupid.

25. spyder007

spyder007 Bаnned bу Ѕuреr Μоdеrаtоrs

I don't have anything personally owned that is full auto, yet, but I'm working on it. Sadly, I need the chief to sign off on the stuff for the LEO discount, as well as the full auto stuff. He's ok with it, after I explain the need :o