avoiding junk/beater cars?

Discussion in 'That'll Buff Right Out' started by quamen, Dec 21, 2003.

1. quamen

quamen New Member

well i read what Scottwax wrote and he is right on target. He says one way to avoid getting beater and junk cars is to not low ball on your prices.

A second is to advertise in some nicer neighborhoods with development etc. But have you guys ever turned away work, or just charge more and they declined having it detailed by you. I have seen some cars that i wouldnt touch unless i got at least double of what a "normal car" price would be. Have any stories like this,and what you did in the situation.

Some people finally want to have there car detailed after it is like 10 years old or just so dirty, you just ask yourself why did they call my number. Then i just say "well im really busy Ill get back to you sometime" Joking
    Rich

2. Scottwax

Scottwax Making detailing great again! Moderator

If the car sounds real bad, I tell them I am booked up for a couple of weeks. It also works when someone calls and says someone expelled any sort of bodily fluid in their car.

3. quamen

quamen New Member

HAHAAHHAHA sounds good to me.

4. BlazinBlazer Guy

BlazinBlazer Guy Witness to The De-Evolution of Mankind.

those aren't the kind of jobs a mobile detailer should have to deal with anyways. Take those to a shop with extractors and proper machinery.

5. quamen

quamen New Member

nah man i think a mobile detailer should have those sorts of tools to make the job easier and better. i know ill have one. i just wont do cars that are in the worst condition unless i get compensted for. Im excited cause ill be the first I belive mobile detailer in the area!

6. BlazinBlazer Guy

BlazinBlazer Guy Witness to The De-Evolution of Mankind.

well granted, its great if you can have the tools, but you still can't handle the same jobs with the level of efficiency as a shop. And alot of customers don't realize/care about this. ;)

7. quamen

quamen New Member

im not doubting you. but how do u figure that a mobile detailer with the proper tools cannot do ther same job as a shop? i think we can do the same as a shop. how do u figure this. please some examples?

8. Japs4eva

Japs4eva Guest

there are 4098509345 mobile detailers in south florida.. kills all business i could potentially have if i decided to go that route.. and they're all businesses who can charge a lot less because of the amount of volume they do..

9. Scottwax

Scottwax Making detailing great again! Moderator

Some of the high end shops have lifts for under carriage detailing. Other than that, given the proper equipment, a mobile guy can do everything a brick and motar shop can.