avoid the pick up community

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by JohnJohnJohnson, Sep 12, 2008.

1. JohnJohnJohnson

JohnJohnJohnson Effetely Sipping My Latte OT Supporter

hay guys,

i've been trolling the real social dynamics forums (a PUA board) and just wanted to say how grateful i am the people here are thoughtful and don't view women as The Enemy.

check out these two posts from RSD. they complement each other.

we've "showed?"

here's the second post. it's the ending of a field report. (a "field report" is a report where you describe what you did in order to get laid.)

Pick up started out as a great idea: go out, figure out what works, leave her better than you found her, everybody wins. I am amazed at how horribly things have changed.

2. Diesel66

Diesel66 My standards for women is like rent-a-centers stan OT Supporter

Don't get the idea of random pick ups then not trading info. Great, next week you are at square 1 all over again and have to work your magic to get some. VS calling her up and being up a few levels.

3. demosnat

demosnat New Member

I like that you called women The Enemy, with caps. Lets talk about hobbits.

4. giz

giz Active Member

PUA material is a tool for people to act in ways they've never imagined, for both good and bad. Some people are twisted in their thinking and will only create monsters out of themselves with it. Others will find it opens them up to a more enjoyable and genuine lifestyle.

5. Vysion

Vysion New Member

I think a lot can be learned from PUAs in regards to dating and attraction, but I very much dislike the individuals the best PUAs become.

I would like to be on the same level as top PUAs being able to meet and attract any woman I choose, yet I want to maintain the same level of respect for women individually and as a whole that I was raised with.

I'm not sure if it can be done though because most PUAs turn into misogynistic assholes. :ugh2:

6. JohnJohnJohnson

I think that's a totally broad generalization and I've never for the record ever seen an end-zone level PUA talk trash like the morons I quoted above.

7. BlackWRX

BlackWRX New Member

I think the whole idea is ridiculous, but a lot of the basic psychology behind their ideas and tactics are spot on. The process of brainstorming lines, dedicating entire nights to "practice", and all the cliche shit thrown around is really childish in my opinion.

8. ChaCha

ChaCha Active Member

this is less horrifying than the POZ forum posts

9. ChaCha

ChaCha Active Member

the TS posted their methods... or at least squandered one of their rookies

I'd like to see their rejection rate anyhow.

10. MattThom01

MattThom01 New Member

eh, there are extremists within every group. I would bet that there are at least a few guys within the community who are relatively sane.

11. Viper

Viper OT Supporter

This is part of the reason why I decided that the PUA thing wasn't for me.

I recognize that the concepts and ideas work and are effective in getting results, but I see it taking me to a place where I don't want to go.

I've always said that PUA material takes an insecure nice guy and turns him into an insecure pick up artist. The only difference between the first guy and the second guy is that the second guy is getting laid.

Getting laid is not the end goal for me.

And :rofl: @ second username in that post.

12. JordanClarkson

JordanClarkson OT Supporter

It's psychologically and sociologically fascinating to me. I won't go into generalizations but I'll say that I like who I am too much to change

13. Dio Seijuro

Dio Seijuro New Member

I find the techniques and theories very interesting, even illuminating at times. But reading about the mentality of some of these people, is quite disappointing because it seems most end up seducing to win (in slightly different senses depending on person, but all the same), not to have fun.

To echo this sentiment, just look at what "genius" was quoted saying, that in order to win, you must not give a shit and want it less than your target. Well, why even bother picking up girls if you don't give a shit, don't want it, and don't have fun in the process anymore? To increase body count?

Last edited: Sep 12, 2008
  14. BlackIce72

BlackIce72 New Member

lol that guy is no doubt a virgin who got his first lay and is all psyched

and it's fucking RSD forums -- who can read that shit with a straight face

15. NCS

NCS Active Member

everything has its good and bad sides. there's a lot of each.

16. Falconer

Falconer OT Supporter

:bowrofl:

17. Falconer

Falconer OT Supporter

btw a while ago i posted a thread about getting a woman in state and she'll do stuff she doesn't normally do and everyone was all "stfu that doesn't happen."

That second story up there is an illustration of a women's walls coming down when you push the right buttons.

18. JohnJohnJohnson

no it isn't, it is a story of a girl who was into this guy, but then he was a prick (in the bad sense) but she fucked him anyway because he pressured her beyond her comfort zone.

19. Falconer

Falconer OT Supporter

Pressured?

20. Elphaba

Elphaba New Member

I'd be curious about the begining of the 2nd story, just to see if he was a a dick to her up to this point as well....
    Regardless, if she was making out with him and getting in the car with him, she was probably going to sleep with him anyway, so what was the point of him being such an asshole to her? He's just being mean for no reason...

21. Vysion

Vysion New Member

He didn't pressure her. She wanted to have sex as much as him. But she had to justify it to herself by keep on saying she's not like that, she doesn't know why she's doing it.

It's a girls way of dealing with the slut factor. making excuses for her sexuality.

22. Falconer

Falconer OT Supporter

Anti Slut Defense :werd:

23. Vysion

Vysion New Member

From my experience girls are attracted to assholes.

24. BlackIce72

BlackIce72 New Member

oh and PS: nobody says "get out of here"

they come up with shitty lies why she has to leave (usually because HE has to go too)

when you read FRs, you really have to cut the coolness in half at least

honestly, esp. with RSD fanboys, a lot of times the girls are initially attracted and they hound on them

Having met a ton of these guys myself it was almost sad.

I went to this Jeffy promotional seminar in NYC (because it was like free) and everyone was talking about where they were going and what they were doing afterwards. A LOT of talking shit up.

When push came to shove only a handful of guys actually went out myself included.

It solidified how much I don't want to hang out with those guys, but fuck it a free seminar is a free seminar -- and in NYC.

25. Dio Seijuro

Dio Seijuro New Member

A big turnoff about this whole philosophy is that after you are deep into it, everything you do when you interact with women you are interested (is this even the right word?) in become methodical and strategic. It just doesn't look fun to me.

Call me a romantic but the true playboy is somebody who acts naturally and still gets lots of adoration, because he's just charming. And also he should at least like something about all the women he's sleeping with. Didn't Casanova used to really like every woman he slept with?