*.avi issues. please help

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by VIOLATION, Feb 17, 2003.

1. VIOLATION

VIOLATION west coast > east coast

Ok, so I've downloaded an *.avi file. I use winamp to play avi files. When I load it on winamp up, it looks like this:
    [​IMG]

But once the movie starts playing, it looks like this:
    [​IMG]

Note the lack of "video" in the 2nd picture. The audio is fine, and I'm sure there is video. But the video does not show up. Anyone have any idea what happened? Or how to fix it?

Am I missing some software? I have the Divx codec already. It's not my computer b/c the same thing happens when I play the file on my laptop (the file is on the desktop which is networked to my laptop).

Help?

Thanks. :)

2. MP

MP New Member

use windows media player

3. knightm3

knightm3 Guest

If you're getting audio but no video, the culprit is usually the lack of the right video codec. This could happen because there are several different ways to encode a DivX. Make sure you have the latest version of the DivX codecs. Also, try using the DivX player that came bundled with the codecs.

4. VIOLATION

VIOLATION west coast > east coast

ok tried that. now one of the avi's works, but the other doesnt. is there anything else i can do?

thx

5. knightm3

knightm3 Guest

If the DivX doesn't work in any media player, despite the fact you have the latest codecs, try downloading another copy of it. Some DivX's just don't work :dunno: