MIL Average day for an Infantryman

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Fedaykin, Feb 4, 2006.

1. Fedaykin

Fedaykin New Member

Hey guy,

I leave for PI in June, and going to be an infantryman. Just wondering what an average day for someone in the infantry is.

2. Fearan

Fearan Guest

Depends what, when, where.

If you're deployed, you'll be doing anything from security, to OPs, to gate duty, to more glamarous stuff like intel gathering in houses, etc... all the normal infantry stuff.

If you're on base either doing exercises, refresher courses, etc... or good old general duty. At least that's what it is in the CF. Lots of moppin', cleanin', etc...

3. brackac

brackac Fuck all of this. OT Supporter

Also known as weapons cleaning.

4. Fearan

Fearan Guest

Gotta love it when the staff doesn't have anything planned so your platoon 2ic just says "Alright everyone, clean your rifles."

:hsugh: Kind of sucks after the 3rd time in a fucking week. :o

5. Accord

Accord New Member

A typical day in the life of a Marine Corps infantryman taken from the mil.com boards:

6. OkiDiver

OkiDiver New Member

that sounds like the regular day for any mos that has no real work to do back in the rear in the marine corps. it's exactly what i do.

7. GochuBoy

GochuBoy OT Supporter

Remember, clean your weapon to time and not to standard. :mamoru:

8. Fedaykin

Fedaykin New Member

Damn, sounds like one hell of an exciting day...

What are the chances of going to Iraq and can I volunteer?

9. Budha

Budha Guest

Oh man June... prepare for hell. Talk about fucking hot. I went halloween night. Worst experience of my life, but I had really really hard DI's. Get really fit man, do tons of pullups and run your ass off to prepare. And just prepare for utter hell.

10. GochuBoy

GochuBoy OT Supporter

If you wanted to be a real infantryman, you don't go to PI, you go to FT. Benning.

11B FTW.

Army > Marines.

11. brackac

brackac Fuck all of this. OT Supporter

Now you've gone and done it.

12. LanceUppercut

LanceUppercut New Member

Fuckin :werd:

13. Socrates

Socrates New Member

If only you girl scouts knew...

14. burton564

burton564 New Member

yeah, arrogant fucks. I don't have a problem with most marines, except the ones that think they are better than everyone.

15. Socrates

Socrates New Member

The only time i've ever seen a Marine infantry unit act arrogant is when another branch mentions something about which branch is better and whatnot.

Unless provoked, they are always laid back in my experiences.

16. cRaZe

cRaZe 3rd world slummin

So basically this thread is telling me definately do not sign up as infantry because my entire time enlisted if not deployed will be fucking boring ? :coold:

17. GochuBoy

GochuBoy OT Supporter

I've had some bad bump-ins with Marines in general. Not horrible, but bad enough to show me that Marines are a bit more brainwashed than the Army. Back in Afghanistan almost every marine (even though they were out numbered) we even passed by would always have something to say to us.

The difference between the Army and the Marines (apart from their missions) is that the Marines think they're better than the Army...

...while the Army KNOWS they are better than any Jarhead.

18. LanceUppercut

LanceUppercut New Member

Me and my buddy (Both of us are Army Infantry) met some jarhead in a bar a few weeks back and he spent like 70 bucks buying us drinks. We kept meeting him there and he kept doing the same thing every night. I think he's in Iraq now :dunno:

19. Accord

Accord New Member

Good one :ugh2:

20. bigfodee

bigfodee Active Member

there are stereotypes about any demographic.

i have met plenty of army, navy, and air force to see where they come from. i hate hearing, "all marines are this and this" just as much as i hate hearing it about army or whoever. thats just stupid. yeah, marines have a rep for being cocky. hell im cocky. theres reasons we're like this, and yeah we're gonna laugh at you about it, just like you wanna call us stupid or whatever and laugh at us. if some marine is a cock and pissed you off... guess what, he probably pisses a lot of marines off too. what pisses me off about most army dogs is once they find out im a marine they next words out of their mouth are trying to prove they're better than me. i just let that shit go. if anything, the guy is probably a great bullet catcher. ultimately tho, its two different jobs. the army can rolls out hundreds of thousands of men. they are designed for large waves of attack. before desert storm, Iraq had the 4th largest standing army on the face of the planet, many with combat experience from fighting iran. so much bigger than our own and we dont have too many guys from vietnam still in service. well.... our army is still there and iraq's isnt. whats that tell ya. the army might be like a slow lumbering giant, but it can afford to be since its got marines on its side that can get in there first and breech any fucking defense in the universe. when you have something thats not require 5 digits of men, its probably marines that are goin in first. haiti, panama, hell.. embassy guard duty... if you can only have a small number of troops are you, you want marines.

having said all that, if you are in infantry, you are NOT better than Marine Corps infantry. im not just saying army infantry, im saying any infantry. US army dogs.... guess what. north korea's infantry is probably better trained than you. our army has good fucking training, but the mentality isnt there. what you need to do is go find an active duty marine infantry company. go to one of their platoons and find a squad leader. he will be a corporal or sergeant. take a good look at this man.

a good look.

there is no better man on the face of the planet. he is probably a crazy fucker and you might not like him, but you will never be as good as him. hell i will never be as good as him. when i try to think of a good adjective to describe a squad leader, i cant. the verb 'kill' just keeps coming to mind. the marines are regarded for their excellence because of small unit leadership, and this is the man. what he will do with squad is destroy any fucking enemy he sees. if the enemy has a battallion of men.. no problem, we have a battallion of marines that will get orders which will be passed down, and the platoon sergeants and squad leaders will make it happen.

shit like this is why i will gladly take the low-budget, gear the army got done using 10 years ago, life sucking, unsung praise, if it aint rainin we aint trainin hardcore life of the marine corps.

21. Socrates

Socrates New Member

Well said bigfodee.

The Army is all about quantity, not quality. The recruiters will even tell you that. It is a known fact.

As Bigfodee said, everytime I talk to someone in the Army (and a lot of times on this board), they have to justify that their shit is hard too for some reason. Most of the time they even go far enough to say crazy shit like it's harder.

Sorry gents, it's a known fact that the Marines is the hardest basically trained branch, and we prove it every day.

I am always dumbfounded when Army soldiers try to argue the shit. Your boot camp is shorter, not as much PT, the standards are set so girls can do it, and your physical standards are much more leniant.

Sorry, but it's not a matter of opinion. It's a fact.

The fact that you guys are always so insecure about the shit on justifies in our eyes. How many times do you see a Marine on this board talk shit first? As i've said before, we have the reputation (and well deserved) for having the toughest training, what do we have to prove? Nothing, which is why we don't instigate shit.

I'm a little more blunt and oorah about it than bigfodee, but I wouldn't trust a soldier with my back in a combat zone. Maybe someone like brackac or phantomwarrior who have had enough experience and been through some shit, but for the most part, i'd trust a Navy Corpsman over a soldier any day of the week.

22. GochuBoy

GochuBoy OT Supporter

No love for this (former) infantryman who was deployed? :wtc:

23. bigfodee

bigfodee Active Member

im proud of any serviceman for our country, especially deployed and infantrymen.

but yo shit aint better or harder :fawk:

24. Socrates

Socrates New Member

Didn't know you were one of the deployed. Much love, and VERY much respect! :)

25. SoCaLlove

SoCaLlove New Member

I heard marines get more chicks? Is that true?