AutoWeek?s fast five: BMW design chief Chris Bangle talks.

Discussion in 'OT Driven' started by TriShield, Oct 9, 2003.

1. TriShield

TriShield Super Moderator® Super Moderator

AutoWeek’s fast five: BMW design chief Chris Bangle talks.

[​IMG]

By AUTOWEEK
    (08:30 Oct. 09, 2003)

BMW design chief Chris Bangle splits opinion like no other. Immediately following the Frankfurt motor show premier of his latest work, the all-new 6 Series, the 46-year-old American and 10-year BMW veteran spoke with AutoWeek correspondent Richard Yarrow:

AW: Why do you think there’s criticism of your designs?

BANGLE: I think it’s much to do with the fact that we have these extremely provocative cars and that we were doing this at a time when the whole subject of change as reported in the media was not on the same wavelength as we were.

AW: Do you worry some of your designs haven’t been well received by the public?

BANGLE: We’re not creating fashion icons and it’s not an issue whether or not we have become everybody’s darling. It’s difficult for me to imagine, in the history of cars at a time of change, that we are doing anything different to anybody else. Many vehicles that we look at today with romanticism, when they came out they were very provocative. They invoked this love-hate relationship that’s assigned to us today.

AW: We’ve seen spy shots of the facelifted 7 Series already, which is earlier than normal. How does that make you feel?

BANGLE: We facelift all our cars. It’s part of the model cycle and it was always planned that way.

AW: Tell us about the cabrio version of 6 Series.

BANGLE: It will be at the Detroit show in January, but I’m not really supposed to talk about it yet. It will have a very interesting roof, great coupe-like lines, some unique features—which is important—and it’s basically very sexy.

AW: What is the future for BMW design?

BANGLE: We will continue to evolve our philosophy. We all believe cars are truly important in our lives and are solutions to problems, not problems that need solutions.

[​IMG]

2. Mr.Fusion

Mr.Fusion feast upon my magnificence

what a tool

3. kellyclan

kellyclan She only loves you when she's drunk.

Wow, that was deep.

i feel stupider every time i read something he's said.

4. Vegas_Runnin_Rebel

Vegas_Runnin_Rebel Cum again?

He is such a fucktard. He didn't give one straight answer:greddy:

5. Pro Street

Pro Street New Member

in other words, he thinks that everyone else is wrong, and he is right :ugh:

6. TriShield

[​IMG]
    Ha! Ha! I took one of the most beautiful lineups of automobiles in world history and made them all ugly inside and out!!111

7. ptg

ptg .

less talk. more stab.

8. Mugatu

Mugatu Ask me about market research. OT Supporter

God I hate that fucker

9. F=ma

F=ma Guest

Bangle: Basically I took the older 5 series, let my daughter with down syndrome hit it with a bat a few times, and that's how we arrived at the new design.

10. Mugatu

Mugatu Ask me about market research. OT Supporter

just one more reason for the world to brand all Americans as arrogant assholes

11. Captain D.N.

Captain D.N. Guest

douche...

12. GTO2050

GTO2050 OT's Ol Man™

Unbelievable that he still has a job.

13. ImpalaSS

ImpalaSS Guest

please, someone shoot him in the head.

alright, it was somewhat admirable when he stepped off the bandwagon line to design something so controversial and different, (the 7 series), but when the public mostly shunned it, he should have stopped. Now he did it again to the 5 series, and X3 suv.

14. TriShield

Yes, it's a smaller X5.

15. BLoG

BLoG Scented Meat

Hahhahahahahhahahahhahahahah

If the average OTer had a .38 special with one bullet, and Chris Bangle, Osama Bin Laden, and Saddam Hussein were each tied up separately in a room, who would they choose to end?

I'd bet 60% pick chris bangle :rofl:

16. ImpalaSS

ImpalaSS Guest

here ya go :)

[​IMG]

Info: The X3 is a compact-sized Sport Activity Vehicle based on the 3-series. The X3 will be offered with 2.5-liter and 3.0-liter inline sixes. A six-speed manual transmission is standard. The xDrive all-wheel drive system completes the driveline. X3 will go on sale in 2004.

17. VBGOD

VBGOD Guest

BMW people hate his new designs, but non-BMW seem to like it.

:confused:

18. sonicyouth

sonicyouth Guest

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

19. TriShield

Post a poll!

20. Slimmy

Slimmy Get Richt or Die Trying

I like the new cars. :dunno:

21. GTO2050

GTO2050 OT's Ol Man™

I hate to see what he is going to do with the 3 series.

22. sonicyouth

sonicyouth Guest

BMW owners are self-righteous, pompous assholes [/ot]

23. HisXLNC

HisXLNC ๑۩۞۩๑ Hot ๑۩۞۩๑

Bangle is proof Americans shouldn't design non-American cars.

24. Buck-O

Buck-O Guest

[​IMG]
    Bangle: My e-cock is this big.

By AUTOWEEK
    (08:30 Oct. 09, 2003)

BMW design chief Chris Bangle splits opinion like no other. Immediately following the Frankfurt motor show premier of his latest work, the all-new 6 Series, the 46-year-old American and 10-year BMW veteran spoke with AutoWeek correspondent Richard Yarrow:

AW: Why do you think there’s criticism of your designs?

BANGLE: Excuse me while i dodge this question...did i mention that i think i am gods gift to the design world? No really...i am, and i wanted to do somthing to let the world know that, and to know that im an attention whore that thinks only of his own ideals, and not those of the company. So what if that company has a deeply rooted history going back nearly a 100 years...they are all Nazis anyway. WHite power.

AW: Do you worry some of your designs haven’t been well received by the public?

BANGLE:*WOOOOSH!* DId you hear that?!!! Thats me dodging another question! :bigthumb: You see, basicly what i do, is take shit, and draw with it as if it where a crayon. I try to make somthing that i think would look good coming out of my ass after my partner, Hans, fists me. Im not out to impress people, im just out to make a name for myself. I mean look at all teh other "classic" designs in history that made people think, and evoke emotion and look tword the future...i want that same reaction, except i want people to look in the past at what used to be good, and to evoke vomiting, not emotion, we dont care about that, becuase im a heartless asshole.

AW: We’ve seen spy shots of the facelifted 7 Series already, which is earlier than normal. How does that make you feel?

BANGLE: Yeah, we do that alot. Thats the end result of marketing shoving a hot poker up my ass for ruining the Bravarian Motor Works name.

AW: Tell us about the cabrio version of 6 Series.

BANGLE: It will be at the Detroit show in January, but I’m not really supposed to talk about it yet, but i will because im a cunt. You see, it has this cool shaped roof, i styalized it off the the smooth curved shape of my penis, its really sexy. We try to be unique, becuase if i cant make it look ugly, and ruin it, then i wont design it. And then thats a plus, beucase it boosts my ego. Remember, theres no such thing as bad press.

AW: What is the future for BMW design?

BANGLE: Dont worry, ill continue to make ugly cars, becuase in my mind, im the solution to an non-exsistant problem, but in reality, im a problem with only one solution...death.

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 9, 2003
  25. BLoG

BLoG Scented Meat