Autopia? and Microfiber washing?

Discussion in 'That'll Buff Right Out' started by capcrnch, Jun 2, 2005.

1. capcrnch

capcrnch Active Member

Is Autotopia a "large" business or is it run by a couple guys out of a garage?
    I only ask because I have been calling customer service to place an order, but I was told to leave a message.. I did, but 2 messages and 2 days later, no call back.

Can microfiber towels be washed in a washing machine?
    If so, any special notes?

2. Ballast

Ballast Cold Heartless Bastard

Yes.

Don't use fabric softener.

3. NorthPac

NorthPac New Member

Can Microfiber towels be washed in a washing machine?

I wash mine separate from window MF's and other odd jobs I do with MF's that I wash separate.

Separate loads category would be:

Windows MF's (contains less of: dust, lint, oils)

General use of MF's like buffing up after waxing and quick detailing that requires soaking in dish soap or heavy duty solvent before washing in machine (contains wax, oils, cleaning solutions)

Inside cleaning Sometimes I hose off then in the wash machine (contains a lot of dust, dirt, oils)

Drying MF towels soak in bucket of dish soap and use the next day

I have hundreds of MFs, some are green, yellow, orange I mostly have good quality ones and I have cheap ones that I use for nasty jobs that people give me that they bought from w-mart, mostly girls buy them for me as a gift but I have a lot of them and growing in #'s

4. perry

perry burp

I don't think Autopia is small as in two guys in a garage, but I don't think they're huge like Amazon either. I remember David mentioning that he has handicapped people doing the item packing in whatever warehouse he rents out. Never called em myself, just order online or email if I have a question :dunno:

I wash my microfiber towels with Sonus Der Wunder Wasche, add about a cup of vinegar in the rinse cycle instead of fabric softener, and dry them on low heat. All in one load because I don't have enough to seperate em out, but never with other fabrics.

5. capcrnch

capcrnch Active Member

Thanks guys