Automator action for a file type?

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by verbal, Feb 4, 2008.

1. verbal

verbal Active Member

I've started shooting pictures in raw and jpg format. After I grab the pics from my camera, I'd like to put the raw files in a separate folder.

I've played around a little but can't figure it out-- so I dunno if it's possible. Is there a way I can make an automator action where I enter or select the folder and run the action. It then makes a folder named RAW and moves all of a certain file type to the RAW folder. Is this possible with automator?

2. xenon supra

xenon supra OT Supporter

yes definitely possible, easy too.

[​IMG]

this should work, if not then just run two separate workflows with the 1st 2nd and 3rd step, and one with the 1st 4th and 5th step.

3. verbal

verbal Active Member

You rock. Trying now.

4. verbal

verbal Active Member

I think that's the right idea, but I think I have to user variables but I can't figure them out.

I put all my pics into a folder with the date and event description. When I run the action, I'd like it to make a folder called RAW inside the current folder I'm in, then filter out the pics. Like I said, I'm pretty sure that's the right idea, but the hard part is getting it to do it in the current folder I'm in.