Auto Detailing Crew: I need a buffer

Discussion in 'That'll Buff Right Out' started by GreenEggsnSperm, Aug 22, 2007.

1. tired of detailing my car by hand and want a buffer for polishing. i dont want to go to walmart and get some POS thats going to swirl the shit out of my paint.

:bowdown:thx

2. Paulie Walnuts

Paulie Walnuts Im an agent of chaos

3. justin30513

justin30513 New Member

I have 2 PC's for sell.

50.00 plus 10.00 shipping for either. One's a G100 and has lifetime warranty.

Let me know.

4. KMAzz

KMAzz OT Supporter

What type of buffer are you looking for? Rotary? Dual Action? etc

5. im a noob so ive been told that pc would be best

6. KMAzz

KMAzz OT Supporter

PC stands for Porter cable. Just those lazy ass's on autopia and a few other places like to call the porter cable dual action buffers pc's but there are plenty of other Dual action's out there that work just as good or better. With a dual action you'll be able to work a good amount of swirl marks out and some light scratches. For deeper scratches and whatnot you'll need to hit it with a rotary. Using a DA you realllllly need to try your best in order to fuck up. With a rotary you can easily burn paint/clear due to the speeds the buffer head spins at.

With that being said it comes down to what you need to use one for? Is this just for weekend detailing of your car and nothing major? If so then look for a nice deal on either a portcable DA or a Dewalt DA both worth very well. If you need to really work on your paint Portercable and dewalt both make great rotary's that have a great range of speeds. makita also makes a good rotary that is much lighter then the others which some people like but it also is limited with its speeds but it gets the job done.

7. Scottwax

Scottwax Making detailing great again! Moderator

I'd go with the UDM vs the PC. Definitely more powerful but still has a safe orbital action that won't leave rotary swirls.