Auto Clock Calibration

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by DigiCrime, Aug 9, 2009.

1. DigiCrime

DigiCrime If Only!

I been messing with mine and slowly moving it up the scale but not sure how far I can go because I dont fully understand the ACC. Ive gone from 2.10gz to 2.57ghz so far but what does the ACC portion signify exactly? It starts out like 0.125/0.150/0.175/0.200 and so on. What increments does this do for voltage ?

2. eideteker

eideteker Who jarked off in my frakkin' coffee? OT Supporter

What brand motherboard is it? I've got an ASUS 790FX-based board, and it has ACC in the BIOS but mine has adjustments like a multiplier - 2x, 4x, etc. I've never found a definitive answer as to what ACC actually adjusts, but my thinking is that it actually loosens tolerances that would otherwise lead to BSOD/non-POSTing overclocks.

3. DigiCrime

DigiCrime If Only!

Think I got it, its a multiplyer. When I change the CPU frequency I need more power, ACC allows me to push more voltage to the chip. Pretty cool. Its a gigabyte board, not sure off hand which model not sitting at home.

4. CodeX

CodeX Guest

The faster it runs the more voltage is required to snap between the high level and low level fast enough so that they don't muddle together. If you look at it on a scope when a line goes from low to high it is NOT instantaneous, but the greater the voltage difference the easier it is to properly determine a high from a low in a shorter period of time.

Of course, with more voltage comes more heat, so make sure you watch that.

5. DigiCrime

DigiCrime If Only!

The board limits the wattage. More voltage means more wattage but not sure how much it is off hand dont know the math in my head. I was attempting to overclock my X3 AMD chip and started to run into issues. So my board is limiting my overclocking ability