Audiovox 6600 > Treo 650?

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by James Williams, Aug 7, 2005.

1. James Williams

James Williams New Member

Greetings,

I am getting close to making a decision on one of these phones.

I have selected Verizon as the provider I would like to have carry my service.

These two phones make the most sense for me, I need a phone with wireless internet, e-mail, txt messaging, camera, telephone capabilities etc.

In doing my reading, it came to my attention that the windows mobile OS is quite nice because it can synch with my laptop.

I am just curious if any OTites have any knowledge they can share with me before I take this expensive plunge into the world of high tech phones.

2. ueberjeff

ueberjeff Save the seals...club a liberal.

You should be debating between the Samsung i730 and the Treo 650 if you are going to decide between a Windows Smartphone and a Palm based device. The Samsung is the super pimp, but it is very pricey. My friend picked one up about two weeks ago and it is really nice. I wouldn't touch the Audiovox with a 10 foot pole. Too many problems with their phones. The Treo is the better of those two, but not without its faults.

3. James Williams

James Williams New Member

That's great info, firsthand experience is awesome.

I'll look more carefully at the Samsung.

When I saw it at the Verizon store I wasn't really wowed enough to pay $600 with a 2 year contract.

I'll look again.

4. kungfuwoo

kungfuwoo New Member

Yea, just to let you know, audiovox doesn't even build this phone. they just have the company that does build them stamp the audiovox logo on them. Its a good phone...but its true that the samsung is the best pdaphone out for vzw (or any carrier) right now. I have the 650, but I would love to have teh samsung. But now there are so many devices coming out that i'm just waiting to see whats out before I make a decision. I'm not sure if the $200 price difference between the 6600 and the i730 is worth it to you, but for the smaller size, upgradeable to windows mobile 5.0, wifi, better memory architecture, and sleeker design would make it worth it for me.