Audiobahn subs

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by float, Jun 11, 2004.

1. float

float New Member

How are they? I'm thinking of getting the ADB A4002T:
    100 watts RMS x 2 at 4 ohms
    200 watts RMS x 2 at 2 ohms
    400 watts RMS x 1 bridged output
    stereo or bridged mono output
    Tri-way capable (Tri-Way Crossover required)
    MOSFET power supply
    requires 8-gauge power and ground leads — wiring and hardware not included with amplifier
    40-amp fuse
    50-750 Hz high-pass/50-120 Hz low-pass crossover, 18 dB/octave
    18 dB bass boost at 50 Hz (switchable on/off)
    variable (20-50 Hz) subsonic filter
    preamp outputs
    cooling fan
    cobalt blue illumination
    speaker- and preamp-level inputs
    11-5/16"W x 2-3/8"H x 10-7/8"D
    1-year warranty

Stats look nice and I can get it for 179 @ Circuit City(I know I can get it cheaper onine ut I wantto do the install this weekend). It's either this or I think I'm going to order a US Acoustics amp next week. Any othe sugestions? I'm only going to be running one 10" and I know 400 is overkill for me but the price is right? Anything else in that range? Thanks. I already have a Kenwood KDC-X579 HU and I'm going to get a 10" Alpine sub when I buy the amp.

2. On_One

On_One Guest

I'd just order the usacoustic and wait a week. Thats me though.

3. unrealii

unrealii professor of plant biology

I hear nothing but bad things about audiobahn. I suggest you look to another brand.

4. float

float New Member

And I meant amps, not subs.

5. float

float New Member

Circuit City quoted me an Audiobahn amp, 12" Infiniti sub and wire for $355. I quickly walked out for multiple reasons: 1) I've seen better, more powerful amps online for a hell of a lot cheaper than they had; 2) I specifically told the asshat I wanted a 10" sub and only a 10" sub; and 3) I'm pretty damn sure that while cables are going to be fairly expensive, I can get them for less that $100.

Well where.s the best (cheapest) place to buy car audio online? I already know about hookedontronics cause that's where I got my HU.

6. boostin-gp

boostin-gp Guest

the audiobahn intake series amps are JUNK. Trust me. I just quit at circuit city after working in roadshop for 3 years. Audiobahn intake series stuff is a joke. Their HC amps are nice stuff, but like anything else that is good quality, they are expensive.

:sad2:

7. Scott P

Scott P I are lurking through. . .

You quit too? I just walked out the other day b/c they refused to give me a full time position (even though they were scheduling me 40 hours). oh well fuck the ignorant asshats, working at a real shop is definately the way to go :big grin:

oh yeah and to whoever asked about audiobahn. that amp blows, you're more likely to have your car go up in flames from it shorting out rather than being pleased with it

8. float

float New Member

Yeah. I have pretty much ruled out the Audiobahn. If I can find the Rockford amp I want I'll go wit hthat (301S I believe). If not then I'll get the US Acoustincs USX2150.

9. boostin-gp

boostin-gp Guest

I also quit because of scheduling. I was a fulltime employee working exactly 32 hour a week. When i asked for more hours, they couldnt give it to me because corporate fucknuts apparently were not budgeting them enough hours. Basically i was told 'too bad... sorry,' so I took off my name tag, tossed it to the S&I manager, walked up to the store directors office and told him what happened, and walked out.

That place is a joke. :hs: I cant believe I lasted 3 years. :hs:

10. 127.0.0.1

127.0.0.1 New Member

They dont like inifinity kappa 600.1 amps :mamoru: