Audiobahn Car Audio

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by Elderain, Oct 26, 2004.

1. Elderain

Elderain New Member

This stuff any good, I keep seeing the name all over. At first I thought it was some cheap-o company just because of there whole "flame subwoofer" design, but some of there stuff looks... decent. Anyone have experiances with them? Looking to put a new system in my truck, but I'm not on the million dollar, 3 ferrari's in my garage budget most of OT is on :)

Was looking at either the Alum10Q
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=50570&item=5726794690&rd=1#ebayphotohosting

or the

Aw102T
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=50570&item=5726612536&rd=1

2. Scott6760

Scott6760 Guest

Audiobahn has some high quality components. The alum10q is a SQ driver. It doesn't play extremely loud, but it sounds great. I don't have any experience with the AW102T, but if it's Audiobahn it's probably not bat. I am currently running a pair of ABC6003 component speakers in my CRX, and they sound great.

3. P07r0457

P07r0457 New Member

audiobahn is some of the worst gear on the market. Go check some car audio forums like sounddomain and soundillusions....

4. 04

04 Guest

What do you mean by those woofer's look decent? Asthetically speaking? Performance wise, IMO you'd be better off with something like this: http://www.partsexpress.com/pe/showdetl.cfm?&DID=7&Partnumber=295-555 It's cheaper, and it would probably perform better than either of those Audiobahn woofers. It doesnt look as flashy though, so if looks are a high priority you very well might be better off with that Audiobahn woofer.

5. Elderain

Elderain New Member

Look decent as in, it looks like it's sturdy, good construction. It dosen't look like it's a flea market brand $50.00 for 4 subs a box and an amp. The foam surround looks pretty hefty, and of decent material, moderatley large magnet, cast frame as opposed to stamped. Where as the link you posted looks like a fragile little sub, for the same cost. The frame is skimpy, terminals are small, the foam surround is tiny, it just looks cheap.

6. XR250rdr

XR250rdr OT Supporter

Audioblown = :barf:

04 is right. Just because the basket is overbuilt doesnt mean the sub works for shit. Theyre overrated, muddy sounding pieces of crap for the most part.

7. Elderain

Elderain New Member

Have you owned them? Or have you heard the higher end ones, or just the cheap low-end ones?

8. XR250rdr

XR250rdr OT Supporter

never bothered to ask the people which models

9. 04

04 Guest

Well, its your choice, and if you think that the dayton is inferiorly made then thats your decision. I'm just saying that looks can be deciving, and just because a speaker looks well made certainly doesnt mean it is.

10. chewymang

chewymang New Member

11. tommyortom

tommyortom New Member

my friends blazer has 2 12" audiobahn flame Q08 12"s in it.which at the time 2 summers ago i believe were the highest end 12" they offered..in a custom ported fiberglass box...with the 2400 watt audiobahn flame amp...IT IS LOUD AS FUCK...it is way too loud when he turns it up...rattles the cds out of the visor holder and they fall all over..the headliner probably traveles and inch or 2 when he turns it up..heres a pic of the box...i think they are definetely not SQ subs..but they are a pretty good SPL sub..today, about 2 years later everything is still in good conditoin..nothing has blown or fried or been defective..........damnit my image hosting bandwith has been used up...i can send u a pic..IM or email or PM me for it

12. LOUDSYSTEM

LOUDSYSTEM New Member

13. twistid

twistid Banged By Super Models Moderator

audiobahn = best flea market grade junk out there.

14. tommyortom

tommyortom New Member

i wouldnt say its junk? my friend with the blazer has the 2 12" flameQ08's and the 2400 watt flame amp....for about 2 and a half years and there hasnt been anything wrong with it ever. and it hits fucking hard